Nick Cave (rolling)

Not only is that take hot, it’s also awful

9 Likes

With you, apart from Dig Lazarus Dig, Push the Sky Away, Skeleton Tree and Ghosteen

14 Likes

Lyre Of Orpheus / Abbattoir Blues is not a good album though. Probably already said this in this thread, but I reckon that everything from roughly 1997 to 2007 is (relatively) weak, with the exception of No More Shall We Part. Dig Lazarus Dig was where he got his mojo back (you can maybe thank Grinderman for that, but that’s about as much as I’ll have to do with Grinderman in this day and age)

1 Like

Lyre >>>>>>>>>>> Lazarus

11 Likes

(pantomime voice) OH NO IT ISN’T!

OH YES IT IS!

IT’S BEHIND YOU!

1 Like

Still nothing for me. Get on with it ticketmaster!

not even Marillion would do self indulgent wank like Ghosteen

My refund has just come in from Ticketmaster. Full amount inc all fees. Fair play, i was prepared for a £20 hit

1 Like

nothing for me either. in my Ticketmaster account it shows as event cancelled and ticket price now €0.00, but no email or refund yet

they were fairly quick getting in touch with me the other week about refunding a cancelled Blanck Mass gig as my card details were out of date. and that was through TicketWeb which i didn’t even know they owned

Also fully refunded including booking fees :+1:

Abatoire Blues > Lazarus > Lyre

Just had my refund from AXS including booking fees.

Also got the full refund today from AXS including fees.

Starting to feel a bit left out. AXS wants to keep my cash a little longer!

1 Like

Still waiting on my refund from ticketmaster…

1 Like

just noticed i received mine yesterday, they didn’t email me about it weirdly but they’ve credited my account

1 Like

I like them both equally for different reasond

2 Likes

Ah okay that’s interesting to know. Will check my account. Cheers Ic-Smic!

1 Like

Prefer Lazarus myself but both good. Lyre feels like a more ‘serious’ album so I understand it being preferred by most (though Lazarus is more than the throwaway garage rock mid life crisis it’s often painted as, as are the Grinderman records)