Night of Thurs

Not had this many spots since i was about 17.

You absolutely can

3 Likes

Do I have to do everything round here?

Oh no you arenā€™t!

3 Likes

might put this on :cry:

3 Likes

Hello!

My train south leaves in 56 minutes. Just had a veggie burger and a brownie for pudding, gonna drag all my stuff up through the snow in a minute. Looking forward to sleeping, but also to sitting on the train reading/knitting/chilling.

1 Like

Been surprisingly teary since my visit to the picket line this morning and have been good for nothing all day. Could really do with a drink but could also really do with a dry night so am going to try to hold strong seeing as we donā€™t really have anything in.

Time for a curry and some trash telly I think

1 Like

Off to see its a wonderful life with the girlfriend. Havjng a coupla wee drinks beforehand :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

6% of diners at Toby Carvery donā€™t get a roast.

they get a roasting!!!

4 Likes

Didnā€™t realise there were other options. Do they have a normal menu?

Home alone tonight (well, the child will be asleep and my other halfā€™s out). Might have a beer

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working since 6.30am and will be working until at least 10pm, maybe later as I have a super important deadline tomorrow morning. Cannot wait to finish this bit of work.

Ooo dis mario kart tonight. Gonna have a cup of tea ansd forget all about the work Iā€™ll have to do after it

cold innit

As I said earlier

Christmas party II this evening, imagine itā€™ll be lessā€¦ chaoticā€¦ than the one last week due to train strikes.

This is not degenerating. However I have tomorrow off so I guess Iā€™ll degenerate all by myself

2 Likes

Evening

ā€˜Helpedā€™ wrap some presents earlier.

Had emergency pizzas for tea

Itā€™s Christmas pyjamas season

1 Like

Supposed to be getting train Christmas eve from Wigan to London at 15.14. that train got cancelled this morning and subsequently all other trains after this time. (Strike etc and guessing the last trains to and from Glasgow being at midday)

1. every other bastard will be trying to sardine on to the earlier trains from 7am-2pm
  2. it will be a fucking shit show
  3. our tickets wouldnā€™t be valid anyway

There is no chance of getting home for Christmas if we go up there is there? I have the worst anxiety and dread over this and itā€™s ruining my fucking life. How Iā€™m going to cope another week with it playing on my mind is beyond me. Itā€™s ready ruining any thought of a ā€œholidayā€ I thought I would have.

• Donā€™t bother going it sounds like hell and you will be stranded somewhere on Christmas eve
  • Go for some reason and risk it

0 voters

Usually I try to be the solution finder and attempt an ā€œat leastā€¦ā€ Positive outlook, But Iā€™ve exhausted all options (looked at national express/Megabus/car shares) but all not viable.

Anyone want give us a lift from Wigan to London on Christmas eve lmao

No idea. Been so long since Iā€™ve been to one, I canā€™t even remember if the roasts are appropriate for veggies or vegans, so it might be that. Donā€™t worry though we recorded the Channel 5 program I learnt this stat from, so if, nay, when we watch the rest, I hope to find out.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been to a Toby carvery once and they definitely do have a veggie option because I remember that one of my colleagues had it, it was a pastry thing with vegetables inside and it had a hair in it

1 Like