Night out in Cardiff

Any recommendations?

It’s a lads weekender for a couple of people’s 30th and one of their wives has recommended they could do with a weekend away.

Not looking for a LADS LADS LADS stag do sort of night but we’re going to flight club after the city game so a nice steady build-up before ending the night somewhere would be grand.

Tiny Rebel is a good bar with lots of different beers (don’t have the cherry battenburg one)

2 Likes

Some of my favourites

City Arms - Staple boozer directly opposite the stadium so can get busy if there’s something on. But nice atmosphere, good beer and ale selection with regular guests on.

Pipes Brewery - Craft brewery and taproom in Kings Yard, Pontcanna. With outside seating. lagers, pales, sours, wheat beer etc. They have a rotating range of beers brewed at different times of the year. Plus pizza from Alex Gooch bakery next door. Last Friday (I think) of the month they do a live jazz night, which I’ve been meaning to check out. Might not be the easiest if you’re starting and finishing in town.

Clwb Ifor Bach - otherwise known as welsh club. Multi floor venue for club nights and gigs. Weekends are usually a mix of indie, soul, pop, dance etc. Good selections. Can be a bit of a queue the later you leave it.

Brew Monster - Taproom for the Caerphilly based brewery at the top of the high st.

Scaredy Cats Cafe Bar - beer, wine, coffee, cocktails, good choice of board games

Kongs - Various craft beers on tap, with ping pong, retro arcade games. Think they do pizza too.

Dead Canary - 1920’s speakeasy type bar with banging cocktails. Would suggest booking