NIGHTSHIFT - DiS late night mixtape thread

Some belters on that mix @ma0sm

Especially that Deaf Center track

2 Likes

Oh my, very nice

2 Likes

My Spotify is stuck in an Installing… loop but I want to listen to these.

Yeah it shows - and you did a cracking job of it! I’m not a huge fan of jazz and I can never quite place what kind of jazz it is a I do like - it’s very much this stuff you’ve got surrounding the Bohren track.

I wound up missing my last train and having to get a taxi home on Tuesday but this did a good job of cheering me up when I was slumped on the sofa having a nightcap.

2 Likes

Listened to that Dead Texans LP in full after ma0sm’s playlist last night.

Triffic.

8 Likes

can you get it on yr phone?

I should probably take that step.

2 Likes

one of my all time favourite albums that, just listening to @hankscorpio’s mix just now, good stuff!

2 Likes

This is lovely. Going to put on some candles and listen to it in the bath.

1 Like

'Kin ell, the standard of both of these is intimidatingly high.

Went out for a dusky walk with my youngest earlier. She fell asleep pretty quickly, so took the opportunity to put headphones on and get stuck into @hankscorpio’s mix.

Perfect for a windy Manc autumn evening - lots I didn’t know & I wasn’t really following the tracklisting - but the Nightmares On Wax track is great, nice to unexpectedly hear that familiar twin peaks refrain & I only previously knew the Nina Simone version of Strange Fruit, but if anything, BH’s is even more chilling.

All hung together very well indeed. Thanks Hank.

3 Likes

Both of these are really well put together
Wish i was any good at sequencing a playlist

2 Likes

when mine drops i’m gonna look like quite the tit compared to these two, tbh

ah well, i enjoyed myself :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ha. My sentiments entirely, on both counts!

4 Likes

frantically subtracts and adds tracks, only pausing to consult the quietus

2 Likes

Can only agree with what those above have said. The first two have been ridiculously good. I made mine on the first night, and i’ve slowly been editing it since. 90% of my very favourite music is white guy indie folk 2000-now.

3 Likes

@ma0sm’s playlist is great, reminded me of those faded woozy nights on holiday where you come back to the hotel and flick through channels letting the sounds wash over you until you fall asleep. Will definitely be spending more time with this.

2 Likes

aye i’ve not finished mine yet but starting to feel a bit out of my depth here!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed both of these! Like a few others, I don’t really (knowingly) listen to any jazz, but really enjoyed a lot of @hankscorpio’s songs.
and @ma0sm’s mix was very good too, with The Dead Texan and Deaf Center being my favourite discoveries. I was also quite surprised/pleased to see 1900 on the list, as they’re on my longlist at the moment. Although I’m going for the rather more underground Den Minsta Av Segrar as my choice of song, instead of @ma0sm’s blatantly more mainstream choice of Den Modernitet Som Aldrig Kom.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words all, was a bit worried about mine after hearing how good hank’s was, but glad you seem to like it on the whole!

1 Like

I know - talk about the 1900 choice for basic bitches right?

The number of times I’ve been on a bus and had to suffer the kids at the back blasting Den Modernitet bloody Som Aldrig Kom through their phone speakers…

5 Likes