Nine Inch Nails

I loved NIN as a teenager. Remember listening to The Downward Spiral sat outside a house party on NYE when I was 18.

You can imagine how my teenage years went…

3 Likes

The problem is I can never remember which one is which between Pilgrimage and JLYI - I know what order they come in on the album, just get the titles confused.

…and to be fair, my real list would feature 90% of the Fragile and 80% of TDS, so there were always going to be omissions

Were you me? I wouldn’t have wished that on anyone as a teenager.

(all good now though - not sympathy fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish:)

1 Like

Quite possibly.

did your teenage years involve a significant amount of severe self harm and general self abuse, coupled with crippling anxiety which I struggled to cope with as a natural ‘extrovert’

And likewise! Absolutely fine now…

1 Like

More or less

Although I managed to avoid the self-harm, the rest is pretty spot on. Getting blind drunk at least once a week and being stoned for two years straight seemed a more constructive way of managing things.

2 Likes

Which version of it though? (Oooh)

(Spent ages trying to track down the American version when I was a NIN obsessed teen. Not sure the differences were worth it)

uhh, except the best track is missing from the UK release?

I feel like the guy that wrote this article has never watched a Pixar film. Also: please stop calling it a fucking Disney film.

1 Like

Vinyl remaster of With Teeth is on their webstore now. Pretty excited.

1 Like

Finally!!

1 Like

Personally think the treble exclamation mark is a stronger indicator of sincerity

Two new volumes of ‘Ghosts’ out today for free:

11 Likes

Lovely stuff

1 Like

Giving these a spin now - very nice so far. Longer pieces than Ghosts I-IV, particularly on V, suits the vibe better. Good old Trent, he’s a nice guy really

2 Likes

I fear they’re somewhat overwhelmed, not been able to download anything for half an hour (the link in my confirmation email sends me to a picture of a sad owl…)

This is great news. Ghosts is my WFH soundtrack and I need something new. Will wait until its on Spotify tomorrow to check it out.

2 Likes

Thinking this is why it’s out now! Forget bailouts for corporations, what we need to stimulate the economy is ambient gothscapes

5 Likes