Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

TF is fantastic. I’m just getting into the more difficult levels and they are really rewarding once you managed to get past them.
I’m pacing it out as best I can, getting all the secret levels unlocked in a world before facing the boss. Really love it.

Gungeon is rough as hell. I’ve got a similar playtime and only cleared the 2nd stage once. I do like it, but have to be in the right space to pick it up.

2 Likes

Hearing so much positive stuff about TF, can’t wait!

Glad it’s not just me with Gungeon :grinning: Managed to get the 2nd floor boss to within a couple of hits a few times now, so hoping I can at least make it to the 3rd floor if I keep chipping away at it.

1 Like

Have been playing Donkey Kong in FUNKY MODE 2 player co-op with my youngest. She loves it, I love it. Nothing too challenging but more than enough to keep us engaged. We rode a rhino together yesterday! It was fun. I like games being fun and I LOVE having games you can play sat together on the same sofa. More of this sort of thing.

1 Like

Have you tried the Kirby Demo? Looks like it’s built for exactly that kind of experience.

Looking to get another game or two. I’ve played Zelda, Mario Odyssey and Rayman which was probably comfortably my fave.

What’s good along those lines? Was thinking maybe Celeste and that Donkey Kong one, anything else?

Stardew valley

But deffo Celeste and Donkey Kong

2 Likes

Also if you like puzzle ganes then I heavily recommend Battle Chef Brigade and Puyo Puyo Tetris

1 Like

Completely forgot that I have Stardew Valley. My wife’s logged a good 100 odd hours on that, but all I’ve ever done is the fishing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t but I will do!

1 Like

Should I buy a Switch, bearing in mind that I haven’t owned a Nintendo console since the SNES and have had severe buyer’s regret over every console since.

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know

0 voters

1 Like

It’s in my Amazon basket as we speak but, I dunno, I don’t feel very excited about clicking the button?

In all seriousness, have you tried it already? Any particular games you’re excited for? If you’re not actually excited about buying it that’s not a good sign :grinning:

I’d not picked up a console since the Wii (admittedly that’s not too long ago, but still), had lost interest in console gaming entirely, and in recent years only really played Overwatch and Rocket League on my PC. I can safely say the Switch is one of the best things I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning, and Odyssey, Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart alone have all made it worth it for me.

Being able to undock the console, play it on the go / in bed / anywhere, put games to sleep and pick it back up again at the press of a button, are all also huge game changers for me personally. Train/plane journeys wizz by, and the convenience in a household where the telly is shared and my PC was tucked away in a lonely corner of the flat is awesome.

But that’s just my experience, could be totally different for you.

4 Likes

Anytime anyone else has played with mine they’ve immediately wanted one

1 Like

I haven’t tried it. My primary motivation is for something up distract me from my terrible anxiety in airports and on planes, figuring that firing up Stardew Valley or something might be quite relaxing.

My secondary motivation is for stuff to play on the couch with 'er indoors, which my PC is not so good at.

Tertiary motivation is Mario Odyssey and BotW being supposedly two of the best games of the generation. I’m personally intrigued by Donkey Kong, as I loved Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. I’ve also rediscovered my love for platformers in general.

2 Likes

I went from not having a console in a decade to playing this all the fucking time… Now I use it less, but still a couple of times a week and it’s brilliant if you travel for work or otherwise travel alone at all. Certainly don’t have any buyers remorse. Even if I play it relatively sporadically over the next 5 years I’ll get great value from it

1 Like

It is the ideal console for the things you have described.

Playing on the sofa while the gf has the telly on is a legit game changer.

7 Likes

Absolutely.

^This

FINE, I’ve bought it. Ffs .

thanks for your help, everyone

13 Likes