Nintendo Switch - Diablo 3 with zelda content coming

@colinzealuk

Not even hype. Just universal praise. I honestly feel anyone with an anxoety disorder or depression should buy that game providing they like platformers. It does a superb job of giving positive reinforcement.

Just started in normal mode. This is actually really charming and satisfying. Sometimes a basic no frills platformer with nice animation, breezy music and satisfying sound effects when you collect stuff is a great formula that doesn’t need messing with.

Rumours of the Pokemon games suggest “titles leaked as “Pokémon: Let’s Go! Pikachu” and “Pokémon: Let’s Go! Eevee”, re-imaginings of Yellow/Kanto with game mechanics borrowed from Pokémon Go!”

Didn’t think anything would make me less excited about a Pokemon game

Yeah that bit isn’t that promising and potentially disastrous if it’s really prominent

if the Pokemon game isn’t a Zelda style sandbox RPG I’m going to be really, really gutted. it’s an absolutely golden gaping opportunity

It’ll be a slightly prettier version of the DS games in terms of aesthetic and presentation. Almost certain of it.

It won’t be a huge leap, they won’t stray too far from the formula, especially as it’s meant to be out next year (apparently)

Reimaginings of Yellow/Kabto does sound very close to what people are asking for and could fit that mould. Suggests it won’t be simply a modern Pokemon game in 3D graphics. I do think that there’s a lot that they could fuck up with this one though so am trying to keep a lid on my expectations

Yeah this is probably most likely. Unless they’ve had it in thar pipeline for a long time, my gut feeling is that if they had a great idea for a home console 3D Pokemon game they’d have made one already in the last 20 years

I think Pokemon works so well because it’s a fantastic portable game and I think trying to make it more of a home console game will be a big risk.

fuck lol

HYPE!

played my switch on the “TV” (penoid gaming monitor) for the first time in months today, it’s really awesome to just plop it in and do this, totally forgot the switch did this.

That sounds absolutely shite. Fucking hell.

Sounds fine except from the Pokemon Go bit, right? Also, just a rumour. Wouldn’t panic. Hopefully see something at E3

Also in recent years, even where Nintendo rumours are true, the product is often a lot less shit than we all first imagine (e.g. Mario vs Rabbids). Mind you, I wouldn’t put it past them to relaunch the vitality sensor later this year.

Fuck that blowfish

Actually now that you mention it I need to get back on the game and beat that stupid boss

ok nearly beat world 1 of DK, I’d give it a solid 7.5/10 so far.

Controls feels nice and collecting stuff is fun but the level design is pretty uninspired so far and I have a feeling it’s going to be quite a short game.