Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Reckon Ice Climbers will be back. They were only cut the last time as they couldn’t get them working on the 3DS version.
Rayman will def be in there. He had a trophy in the last game right?
Bayonetta will be a main rather than DLC this time too. I’d love all the former DLC characters to be there from the off including Snake brought back from Brawl.
Rex I think is nailed on with other drivers/blades as assist trophies.
Shovel Knight would be great.
Waluigi maybe?

there is already like… 60 characters. is that too many?

That’s too many I reckon.

I’d like a decent single player component. Felt this was missing from Smash 4 which I ended up mostly playing online.

If it’s Smash 4 I hope they rejig the menu a bit. On the 3DS too many game modes were tucked away through endless sub menus.

1 Like

So. Reddit has made a good comment.

2 Likes

Nope.
There’s a few clones but not very many to be honest.
Must be a nightmare for the developers but the variety really makes it. One personal gripe is that there’s maybe too many swordfighters.
If you want Sonic I’m certain it’s nailed on as he’s been in the last two. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got Tails/Knuckles this time too.

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/971885028245307392

Nothing from that Direct that excites me really, Mario Tennis looks fun though

2 Likes

Can you explain what this means? Not sure what the 3D world engine is - is this a good thing or bad thing? (n00b alert hehe)

Super Mario 3D world. Was the under appreciated Wii U installment that apparently now is ported to the Switch using the Captain Toad game, which was heavily based on it.

2 Likes

The Game Collection are selling Super Mario Odyssey for £34.95 and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle for £29.95 (eBay outlet)

2 Likes

I think it would be brilliant on Switch for the multiplayer aspect alone :grinning:

Ooh tempting. I don’t have Odyssey yet.

Although I am half contemplating buying more games digitally, which surprised me. I’ve never had much problem with switching cds/cartridges before, but I do love the ease of clicking on a different game on the Switch, versus the mini-frustration of realising I have to go to the other room to change cartridges if it’s not in my Switch…

I’ve recently completed Zelda, although I imagine there’s still a fair few areas to discover, as well as some shrines I may have to search for using online guides. Not decided whether to go for the DLC yet or not, but I have loved the Zelda experience so far.

& have also recently completed Overcooked in two-player mode, which has been utterly brilliant and challenging at points. We still have the bonus levels to play next, and maybe go back over the earlier levels and see if they suddenly feel easy in comparison.

was in Argos earlier and I reckon I might have impulse bought a Switch if they had actually had any in stock. But they didn’t. Oh well.

(bought a DAB radio instead)

2 Likes

I still think the highlight of the DLC is the line on the map that shows you where you’ve been so you can go explore all the places that you haven’t. Very stingy that they left that out in the first place

3 Likes

I need to tell my nephew to stop drawing on my Hyrule map.

Also did we mention how mario tennis has essentially a Wii tennis mode! One of the few great motion control games.

1 Like

yeah, i’m getting a switch ya’ll, and I’m going to kill every last one of you at smash.

7 Likes

Here’s a big version of the silhouettes from the Smash reveal. Some standout really clearly: Samus, Bowser, BOTW Link, DK. Feel free to speculate wildly on the others.

1 Like

can see Marth, pikachu and kirby

1 Like

Fingers crossed for an Ike return!