Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

YES PLEASE!

I reckon they’ll use most of the format, if they do make another game. No issues with that…like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy…when you make a game that close to perfect…there’s nothing wrong with stringing it out for extra games.

1 Like

Not touched switch in a while. Loved Zelda and mario kart is good for a quick blast. SPLAToon 2 didn’t do it for me at all. Mario Odyssey was alright but not something I have any desire to plug away at collecting stars, I know I’m a tiny minority here. Struggling now to find something to catch my interest, would like to play bayonetta as I quite enjoyed the first one on the 360 but it’s not something that I’ll be spending £40-£50 on. Is there anything big on the horizon?

Tropical freeze. Mario Tennis

I’m with you. And I think @el-barnetto is spot on. Bit more focused dungeons, few better Switch specific Joy Con features like HD Rumble, rejigged era in Hyrule or a new map, same engine. Everyone would be chuffed.

Imagine a version of clock town (from majora’s mask) that’s open world and much larger…complete with oddball characters. Id go giddy with excitement.

I’m saying this all having not played BotW…and I know many would want more dungeons…but 4 seems okay to me. In the games with 8/9…you always get a few duffers in there.

2 Likes

Miyamoto says he hopes the switch will have a 6-7 year lifespan. I hope he’s right

Mario Kart except you sit in a little cardboard box racing kart while playing

Damn why am I thinking about buying bayonetta

Arms, though. That was it.

You can now use your gold coins as a discount on the eshop.
I’m still slightly pissed they aren’t retroactively applying the drop rate increase, but it is better than a kick in the teeth.
Grabbed one of those Neo Geo fighters for 65p real money top up.

Sweet I’m going to get myself a free game

1 Like

Subthread. Iirc I had about 15pounds in e coin. What should I buy?

I’ve been dipping into Darkest Dungeon, which is rock hard but aesthetically fantastic.
Not sure if your bag, but hours worth of game if you fall for it.

I’ve got a Game voucher from Xmas which is sat gathering dust, makes sense to make use of the buy eshop credit get £10 off a game deal. Torn between two games… Let democracy decide!

• Mario + Rabbids
  • Skyrim (which I’ve never played on another system)

0 voters

Mario and Rabbids but you can’t go wrong here

It’s really really hard, I’ve done the soulsbourne games numerous times but this is kicking my arse

Not that they’re very similar - this is much more combo based but yeah

What they did wit BOTW is take a large number of dungeons worth of stuff, break it down into smaller chunks and make them into Shrines. Each shrine is effectively equivalent to a medium sized puzzle room in a traditional dungeon. I’d say in BOTWs shrines you easily have 8 dungeons worth of dungeon like play spread out over the whole world.

Add in the 4 actual dungeons, which are very different in design t the traditional ones, and there’s plenty of material there. What seems to be the general feeling is that a lot of people miss the traditional dungeon design, the shrines aren’t (generally) interconnected, so the you don’t have that big payoff you used to get when you worked out a big dungeon.

Personally I think the shrines are one of the best things to happen to the series. I think they could be done better but I’d like them to stay. I’m happy to have a few traditional dungeons too, and half the number of shrines.

I would love a smaller quirky Majora’s Mask cousin to BOTW. It would be such a waste otherwise.

2 Likes

I’ve finished them both on normal first time of playing. Don’t play it like souls. You just need to master witch time and one combo and you’re laughing

Mario Rabbids hasn’t really captured my imagination. So despite never playing Skyrim, I’ve gone for that. Very different games though. If you want a strategy game that you can pick up for short bursts on transport, go for Mario. If you want an adventure game to get lost in and sink 100 hours at home into, go for Skyrim