Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Possibly. I was just thinking that Colours and Generations were received better that that and a non Christian Whitehead Sonic game may raise more questions than it answers in a direct.

I’d pay £40 for a Christian Whitehead 16-bit demake of Sonic Adventure. Holy shit. Fuck I’d kill for that.

2 Likes

One thought I did have around this… Thursday is the night that Nintendo deals and new releases tend to go up on the eshop. So maybe there’ll be a ‘And you can download it after this presentation’ reveal of something…

1 Like

That’d be swell

Enter The Gungeon is really scratching that Binding Of Issac itch.

What a fantastic little game, great asphetic

1 Like

It is real tough, but a great little game.

Direct tomorrow then. Edit: you’re well ahead of me

I think @vamos posted it up before Nintendo were aware.

1 Like

A few rumours flying about Mario Odyssey dlc with first new kingdom out next month based on Luigi’s Mansion.
I’ll be happy enough for more info on The World Ends With You if nothing new/exciting gets announced.

In other news: Switch sold 3.8 million in Japan in its first year. Treble what PS4 did in its first year there.

3 Likes

As an aside, isn’t it lovely to live in an era where people are excited about Nintendo again? I was late to the party and never properly owned a Nintendo console until the end of the Wii’s lifetime, bar a brief month or so of owning an N64, but even back then, in the relatively barren years of Wii U, I still couldn’t keep up with all the cool shit that was coming out. Now, it’s insane.

I know no company is perfect, but it’s great to see people talking again about playing games with friends in the same room, innovative crossovers, random ideas made of cardboard and titles you can play as a 5 year old or 50 year old instead of EXP, overpriced DLC and dodgy loot crates.

5 Likes

The interesting thing is that in the early 1990s I was a SEGA fanboy. Big time.

And then I played the N64 and fell in love. I wish I’d owned one. I loved the Gamecube, and the few games I played on the Wii were great. Skipped the Wii U, but the Switch is utterly brilliant.

And the DS - oh boy, that is my favourite console of all time. I just wish my DS Lite still worked. Ah well.

I feel the buzz around the Switch is going to bleed over into the mainstream.

So was I. All about SEGA.

Seen 4 different people playing it on my train in the past few days. Never seen a single 3DS or Vita before.

When people start seeing others playing FIFA on their commute, I think the penny will drop for joe public. Year one was get the Nintendo die hards and kids on board. I see this year as convincing the mass population (Pokemon, Smash, new FIFA, COD port, classic remasters of 360 games etc) with year 3 full of titles like Metroid and hopefulyl F-Zero to reward the long term fans who have bypassed all the Wii U rereleases.

I was on a short flight a couple of weeks ago and had two rows of kids silently gawking at my screen as I played Mario Odyssey instead of kicking people’s seats and throwing tantrums. That shit doesn’t go unnoticed by parents.

2 Likes

This is my first Nintendo console since the N64 and I’m absolutely loving getting caught up in the fanboyism again, ngl

1 Like

So anyone for some Mario Kart before the Direct tonight?

Maybe? Can you watch the directs normally on the Switch? If not, where are they hosted?

I’ll be playing Rocket League too, if anyone fancies some ranked Party play too.

They normally have links updated on the News section shortly after.

My brother owned a SNES…I was young at the time so I only have vague memories, but it sowed the seed.

He bought an N64 on the day of his GCSE results…luckily for me he wasn’t at home much and was playing more PC games anyway so it essentially became my console. I was practically glued to that thing.

I got a GameCube on my 13th birthday…and had a similarly obsessed relationship.

Didn’t buy a Wii at first…but I’ve owned a few over the years (I sold a couple during tight financial times). Though it was innovative at the time…I still think it has a disappointing roster of games. A little too much focus on the motion detection stuff.

Played Mario Kart on a Wii U once

Getting a Switch soon

(Also owned a Gameboy, Gameboy colour, Gameboy advance and DS)

Can’t wait to be back on the Nintendo bandwagon.

3 Likes

Can you watch live though?

Don’t think so. I’ve always just watched on my tablet. I’ll check just in case, seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.