nice.

Iggy Koopa
Tingle
Whisky woods
Wazoo Jr.
Mother Brain
Komala
Amy Rose
And apparently Totoro is hiding in the bottom right corner.

1 Like

If his Smash attack isn’t the Cat Bus steamrolling someone I will be very disappointed!

2 Likes

I’ve never played a Super Smash Bros game, I don’t like beat-em-ups, is it going to be something I like?

Possibly. Watch some videos. Not really like a traditional fighter. It’s all about knocking them out of bounds. Lots of environmental hazards and items etc too.

Hopefully there’s a demo

Maybe… I don’t really do that genre, but though smash was great on the GC and Wii. Wasn’t able to get onboard with the last one though.

1 Like

They might do. There was a demo for the 3ds version. It might still be on there if you have a 3ds and fancy a bash at it.

I do not have one of those but it gives me hope that there might be one.

If they’re launching their proper online with it (which would make sense) then there’ll probably be a “testfire” or two beforehand.

2 Likes

Here’s a compilation of a few trailers for the last version so it should give a flavour of it:

Yeah it’s more like a big, silly and frantic party game. Admittedly you benefit from learning combos and stuff so there’s some of the things that people find tedious about beat em ups.

Tbh I’ve barely played any of the iterations since the N64 one, so I’m not sure I’m qualified to comment (though I did play that a lot).

JUST A BOY JUST A BOY WITH THE BIGGEST HEAD IN SCHOOL

5 Likes

Not really played a super mash brothers game before. I tried he GameCube version I think? Didn’t understand it.

Aye it’s the Mario Kart of fighters with the items etc.
Obviously there’s a lot of depth as well for hardcore gamers.
There’s a good documentary series about pro Smash Bros Melle players on youtube:

P.S. So I guess this is why Gamcube controller functionality was added to Switch recently by ‘accident’ :wink:

1 Like

Nintendo have put out a demo event for every multiplayer game they’ve released on Switch

1 Like

With Smash, that event’s going to be a hell of a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really was not prepared for how much I love Celeste so far.

1 Like