Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Smash’ll be a port of the wii u game

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Might be built on same engine as the wiiu version but not a port. BOTW Link and Inklings are different for a start plus if it was a port I don’t think Sakurai would be working on it.

1 Like

this sounds really cynical and I WANT a new game, but no one bought the last one. why bother making a new game when its going to be new to tonnes of people anyway.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U became the fastest-selling Wii U game in the U.S., with 490,000 physical and digital copies sold during its first three days of availability, beating the record previously held by Mario Kart 8 .[120] By the end of March 2015, over 1.6 million units had been sold.[121] By the end of December 2017, the 3DS version had sold 9.16 million copies worldwide,[122] while the Wii U version sold 5.32 million copies worldwide.[123]

This is why they’ll make a new version. It will sell well. :grinning:

okay, but mario kart 8 has sold…8 million copies since May 2014. The Switch port has sold nearly that much in 10 months…

Aye but the Switch already has more owners than wiiu ever had. Out of 14 million wii u’s sold almost half had a copy of Smash. Bear in mind sales would have been cannibalised by the 3ds version. Now I’m not saying it will beat MK8D sales wise but hard to see it doing poorly (and who cares what sells as long as it’s good) now that the dev team are focussing on one version and not being held back by 3ds limitations etc I think it could be very special. I think in ter!ms of dev time too it will be a new game as they were able to do the wiiu and 3ds games simultaneously within two and a half years.

1 Like

well, fingers crossed anyway. I didn’t play a tonne of the wii u version of smash, so wouldn’t be devastated if it was a port, but y’know.

Oh aye same here. If they had just combined all the features of the wiiu and 3ds versions i would have been happy enough haha. They’ll probably do a full reveal at E3 and launch alongside the paid internet. Maybe smash was the reason paid internet was delayed.
Regardless fun times ahead :grin:

Off on holiday with the TV for a week in a couple of hours - what are some good 2 player fun games that aren’t Mario Kart please? Cheaper the better

Snipperclips is brilliant. My non gaming wife loved it.

3 Likes

Gf and i love overcooked.
Worms is still good.

1 Like

Overcooked definitely.

2 Likes

Use your words is fun for £5 too. Basically a cross between Cards against humanity and Blankety Blank which you play via your smart phones.

Oh baby, oh yeah

1 Like

Needed a break from Skyrim so got Doom. Not sure about it yet. I know it’s an achievement to be running on the Switch at all but it ain’t half blurry - looks worse than I was expecting actually. And it’s making me feel nauseous like the N64 all over again. Movement feels a bit off too, I’m using the pro controller and there’s a lot of dead space on the sticks. Movement doesn’t seem to register before about half way.

Still, it’s quite fun. 40 quid though… hmm.

Playing handheld? And downloaded the update? Ran loads better after that…

Playing on the TV. Would you say it’s better handheld? Not sure about the joy con sticks for a shooter but will give it a go tomorrow.

Nah, better on the TV I’d say. The small screen does gloss over a few of the imperfections though and the new motion controls help adjust your aim.

I’ve not got a PS4 to compare it to but coming from 360 to this, I thought it broadly looked great. Do think that it proves the Switch is way off being easy to port a taxing PS4 gameplay over to.

Just bought Shovel Knight. Been wanting to play this for ages!

4 Likes