Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I only played the first one, but it’s one of my all time favourites and would love another on the switch

2 Likes

Very much enjoyed the original. Never completed it mind you.

1 Like

Great games. 3 was the best yet. Definitely looking forward to 4 when it eventually appears.

1 Like

Good to see some love on here! Rarely found someone that’s played one before. It’s the Nintendo franchise many people overlook, and I say that as someone who only played Pikmin 3 out of a lack of anything else on Wii U, somewhat reluctantly, and ended up adoring it once I got past the unconventional controls and day cycles. Really hope 4 is coming as 1,2 and 3 all came out on consoles that underperformed.

I’ve got 1 on the GameCube. Never had time to do it justice (or anything else on the GC really) as the kids were small back then. Might dig it out at some point - think it’s a game that will work well on the switch though

1 Like
1 Like

Would kill for an old school Final Fantasy title or new Chrono game

Fucking hell, Ikaruga is NAILS. Makes Celeste look like a Lego game.

Ikaruga in being hard shocker

Tempted to buy this again - even though I have the Gamecube sitting in a box in the spare room and I don’t think I ever got past level four - because it’s sooo good.

In related hard gaming news, the stats tell me it took a bit less than six hours and a bit more than 2000 deaths to get past the Golden Ridge B-Side in Celeste. It’s probably time to give up and get stuck into the Dark Souls remaster…

2 Likes

On the other hand, on one screen I finally managed to pull off the dash-jump and dash again in mid-air combo, so I’ll probably break the world record next time…

Crikey, bailed on Celeste after I beat it so cannot imagine how much skill that takes. Even more baffled you got to Level 4 on Ikaruga. I put on infinite continues and still took about 50+ deaths to beat it. Look at this total wizard.

By level 3 my eyes are literally bleeding. Being honest, I love the first 2 levels so much, I can see myself happily playing them and trying to get better scores for ages to come, so £15 seems fair to me. It also feels great playing it in vertical mode.

Treasure made Sin & Punishment 2 on Wii, which is one of my very favourite games ever. Tried that?

Some games that the yoot like have been leaked - Fortnite and Paladins. Don’t really like shooters but get the urge to play one once in a while, so having a couple of free to play ones doesn’t sound like a bad

I played Paladins for a bit on PC. it’s the most shameless Overwatch clone imaginable.

LET THE SHOVELWARE BEGIN!!!

(Out next week)

2 Likes

Absolutely love that they appear to have been unable to get such a simple game to run on 60 fps

1 Like

:joy: is it just one button for the throttle

1 Like

the state of that

1 Like

That was incredible. How he’s still keeping the chain going is mind-blowing.

Never had a Wii so not heard of that one but it sounds cool. Quite different in style but similar in substance, I really liked the Cave one Deathsmiles on the 360.

And thanks for the flattery but I think it’s more pigheadedness than skill on my part. Especially when you then watch a video of some guy clearing the same level in five minutes flat.

1 Like

this is fun

2 Likes