Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

It’s straight out of Pokémon Go.

In other news, my Switch is now stuck in Fallout Shelter until my joycon is returned as I have no menu button. (Not quite true, but I’m going to pretend it is. Fortunately you can “play” (for all the playing you do in that) with touchscreen only.

Going to be a 3DS centric direct soon, I’d reckon.

Its not finished yet. Its still in early access

Octoblast expansion is out now

They update it weekly and it feels better every month. They only really began work on it last year

Ah right.

Not feeling the pressing need to pump hours into it, like I did with Counter Strike, Splatoon and Goldeneye over the years, but I’ll give it a few more goes. I’ve bought a ton of indies in the sale so now have Severed, The Sexy Brutale, Golf Story and Wulverblade queued up.

1 Like

yeah, i know. i just mean that it hearkens back to the Wii days in terms of pointless tacked on motion bits. also it’s a little bit different what’s acceptable on a £60 game vs a free mobile spin off

Aye. The thing that’s difficult to get my head around is that a full remake of Red/Blue/Yellow is something that a huge number of people want yet this game isn’t for us, it’s for those who came to Pokemon for the first time in the last couple of years.

As they say. Though my theory would be that they’re testing the waters for a Pokemon console game with this, using it as a bit of a beta, and this way, if it’s a flop they can say “Oh it was just a fun thing for new players”, “no that’s not the real console Pokemon, there’s a new one on the way.” But clearly in reality they expect to sell a load of copies of the game to nostalgic 20 somethings who want to replay the game (i.e. the demographic who owns the majority of the consoles at the moment).

They’re trying to please two camps at once aren’t they. The Pokemon Go crowd (who are pretty diverse), and the nostalgia crowd. Feels like a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster.

From everything I have seen so far I think I’m personally going to give this a miss and wait for the 2019 game. Only very good reviews will make me reconsider.

2 Likes

Has anyone bought anything from the South Africa store? Seems to be conflicting advice on whether or not you can use UK credit cards. Any downside to it? Do a need to get a Revolt card/app or something?

Should I buy Splatoon? It is £28ish on the Saffer store.

Or I could just spend a fiver more on it in at the UK store.

I’ve only been using the US store. And I have had to buy Nintendo gift vouchers off Amazon (using a fake address in a tax free zip code) to do so, as it wouldn’t accept my card or paypal

The game gets better when you learn how to lure and outsmart opponents or just develop the balls or mechanical skill to go more gun ho. Because when you first play games like these people tend to hide and whilst its kind of viable its not the nost effective nor remotely fun way to play

watching my son play, the key seems to be the ability to build outrageous structures in seconds

At least DS is Q3

This seems far too much hassle so I have bought it UK style. Plugged in my game cards to rack up a few gold points first.

Bloody hell the current ‘sale’ is fucking shite. Zelda aside I’m really starting to resent this console.

there’s a couple of things you might be able to pick up from other region stores for cheap, think mario and rabbids was £22 :

https://eshop-prices.com/games/on-sale?currency=GBP

2 Likes