Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Anyone know why if I play Switch undocked in my bedroom, further away from the Wi-Fi box, the connection is fine, but if it’s docked, right next to the box, it’s a bit jumpy? Obvs i should/will just get a cable but still seems weird (I’m a novice online gamer)

Probably down to the angle of the antenna and potentially electrical interference from any other gadgets between/near the two.

3 Likes

Do you need a usb adapter to play with an Ethernet cable?

Something to do with aquariums

If you can get the xenoblade controller, hmget it, the dpad is better

1 Like

Noted.

Lots of rumours of another proper Direct coming soon. One prominent journalist said she’d heard of many more imminent ports than were announced, plus a Reddit thread emerged pointing out that in 6 out of 8 previous instances of a Mini Direct, another followed within 3 weeks.

Couple that with literally no footage being shown of the Bayonetta duo due out next month and the leaked image today of South Park: Fractured butt whole listing, and I’m sure the rumour mill will go into overdrive again.

Time will tell.

Every direct mini has been followed by a direct. Doesn’t mean for sure it will this time, but would be unusual. Also there was nothing of that Yoshi game

2 Likes

It’s starting to catch on duders, can also get app for phone. You dont want to miss any hot multiplayer action would you?

2 Likes

£39.85 pre order offer

Well it worked. Also splatoon 2 has way more robust team making abilities than it did when we last tried this huh? We will probably be playing more splatoon 2 tomorrow if you want to join team dis! Only 4 per team so probably be best to be on discord if you want to join in but we will still post details here

1 Like

I’ll be up for tomorrow.

Forgot how fun Splatoon 2 is, it’s been ages since I played it. Also seem to have become miraculously better without playing it? Maybe it’s the pro controller.

Apart from when I teamed with Jamos and his band of merry men who clearly know what they’re doing I always end up top in my team :raised_hands:

Also helps that Splatoon 2 is one of those multiplayer games where I don’t mind losing, so I find it super relaxing.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. Winning isn’t vitally important to me in it, though I still find that rush of getting a last second map turnaround up there with gamings finest multiplayer experiences.

Be fascinating to see where Splatoon goes next. It’s a huge franchise for Nintendo now. Sold 2million+ copies in Japan, first game to do so in years, and makes Zelda seem small fry in many markets. But this iteration is in many ways a reskin of the original.

Moving on the formula will be key to stop staleness, so I can’t wait to see how it evolves.

They seem to have added invisible platforms and obstacles which is a really cool, albeit minor, touch. Just little things like that in each new map will go a long way

Yeah, for sure. And the new modes like Salmon Run have been great.

Depends on if this is a game they support for two years, have a year or so off then reboot it each time or whether they want it to be more like Call of Duty and have to find new ways to tweak the formula.

I suspect they’ll do the former; build a strong community over two years, leave it be for 18 months then release a new version.

I guess as much as I adore Splatoon, I’d need the next one to be a bit different now to care or a long break to make me miss it. Have too much of a good thing now for 4 years so would need a Splatoon 3 to take the gameplay somewhere new.

Hello!

Got one off eBay today with MK8 installed for £270 which I’m quite pleased with. Only con (ha) is that the joy-cons don’t have any of the peripherals with them - no rubber grips and no controller adapter thing - how are the third party versions of these? Any friends want to link me to some good ones?

The third party one is better

1 Like

How are you working the MK8 thing if it’s a download? Surely they’ll need to give you access to their Nintendo account (and let you change the password), otherwise in theory they could lock you out of it.

Edit: I mean, I guess once it’s downloaded it’s fine. It just means that you won’t be able to redownload it