Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I’m up to a boss and they’re kicking my arse and it’s a long way back each time but this is a great game

2 Likes

so would you recommend? is it a fun game, or more just a technical marvel?

It’s a really fun blockbuster movie and I would recommend it if you have no other system to play it on. Otherwise it’s probably best enjoyed on a beefier machine on a large screen. The gameplay is serviceable, not as fun or fluid as Doom and pretty darn difficult in places.

1 Like

The bosses are tough, but it’s really satisfying when you get them down.

1 Like

Late to the party, but just got Mario Kart. Are people still playing online?

@profk, your dreams have come true

1 Like

YES YES YES

1 Like

Yeah I’d agree with all this, three levels in. Feels like a blockbuster Hollywood movie that you play through as opposed to a game I see myself replaying. Actually set the difficulty down a bit as I’d read that the shooting isn’t as tight as DOOM and I’m not really playing it for the challenge, more the spectacle.

Some of the platforming is a bit ropey as is usual for first person shooters. Bloody love being able to slightly adjust aiming with motion controls on though. I’m blitzing through some Nazis…

I am now in the Switch club :tada:

got Zelda and Mario, played the former and it seemed pretty good, died a couple of times due to idiocy, did some frankly magnificent bow and arrowing and generally had a good time. haven’t played Mario yet.

also got £50 worth of credit for the eShop, not sure what I’m going to spend it on. played the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo and that was fun but not £35 fun, almost certainly getting Celeste but we’ll see, no rush when I have 2 games already to get on with.

10 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

I think I played more of that on holiday* than anything else I took. Except maybe Stardew Valley.

*holibobs

Been playing South Park Fractured But Whole over the last few days. The battles are decent turn based RPG fare and the story is funny though probably not as good as the first game, where they managed to have a joke at the expense of pretty much every video game cliche there is.

Either they’ve patched all the game breaking glitches or I’ve been lucky.

2 Likes

Is there anything like the explorey bits of Zelda, but without the fighty bits? Rime?

The answers’s going to be “the Zelda DLC”, isn’t it.

I love that game so much. Even the story mode is really fun

1 Like

I reckon I’ll definitely get it at some point, seems like the physical version is a bit cheaper so maybe I’ll get that instead at some point.

will have to train my wife up on Puyo Puyo though, 2 player Tetris was quite close but my elite Mean Bean Machine skillz meant she had no chance on the Puyo Puyo bits. although she does have a slight advantage in being able to actually tell the different between some of the puyos (?) easily, blue and purple look identical to me.

Skyrim?

Time is more like ICO. A nice looking world with puzzles in it.

Yonder is supposed to be pretty good. Wandering around, being nice to things with no action.

Crumbled and grabbed Yoku!
Such a charming little game, hiding really delicate and particular mechanics. Big fan so far.

1 Like

*Rime

Keep thinking about hollow knight. the panic when you get to a new area and don’t have the map yet. I also wish there was a way you could fast travel between benches, as some of the distances back to Dirtmouth to buy the goodies I want are aretting quite significant