Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Aye bound to be showing it’s age even though it’s only come out again on PS4 and XB1. The new Nintendo stuff in it will be a nice touch. XBC2 just looks a bit more lively and interesting to me.

Probs belongs in a different thread, but why is Scottish accents in space upsetting to so many people. English: fine. American: fine. Jocks: fuck off. Why?

Got to a hard bit in mario/rabbids :sweat:
Having a break and will come back stronger!

1 Like

Ah no I’ve nothing against hearing those accents in space/fantasy settings I always thought the beef with the Star Wars one was just that the guys poor acting mixed with accent was the issue and thats kinda the thing that got me about the Xenoblade trailer. I’m all for all the different accents as long as they perform well. We don’t want a galaxy/kingdom full of Littlefingers after all!

The wise titan was awfully voiced and had poor dialogue for sure. No denying that, made me cringe.

Felt like I was watching some kind of 2nd rate straight to VHS childrens film

Sounds amazing. Straight to the top of my buy list. Sod Mario, Splatoon and Rabbids.

1 Like

He reminded me of a worse version of the dragon from The NeverEnding Story (Ahh–ahh -ahh -aah- ahh-ahh-aaahhhh-aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh)

3 Likes

Oh apparently NBA 2k18 is out now?

You need an SD Card to play it though.

Good thing I have an SD card then isn’t it :smiley:

Real talk an NBA game on the go sounds like my jam. Sports games with portability sound was more appealing to me than on console.

I feel like the memory issue might be a problem in the coming years though, innit.

Hmmmmm not really, I got a carry case with SD card slots and its easy enough to switch between them. It’s not like I’ll need to keep on deleteing/redownloading games like with other consoles.

A cloud service for saves etc would still be useful though

3 Likes

Are you returning to the worlds once you complete them? There are a lot of orbs knocking about that you can only find after the first go which should give you a good advantage.

Storming through quite quickly with a super offensively built team of Mario Luigi and Mario Rabbid. Shock and awe the whole way. Just finished world 3.

defintiley this. It’s unbelievable really, would be so easy to implement. A high value, highly sought after, portable gaming device, without the ability to backup your saves… I’ve put in 170 hours in Zelda. If my Switch breaks or gets nicked that is gone.

3 Likes

This is deffo true. Hopefully it’ll come when their online service goes ‘live’ next year.

2 Likes

Any of you folks played the Project Octopath Traveler demo?
Got stuck into Olberic’s story last night. Sunk a couple of hours into it. Great stuff. I’ll probably play the other characters story tonight. Really really enjoyable and a bit quirky too: inadvertently completed a side quest by duffing up some old drunkard at the inn
Really wish this was out sooner.

I am doing yeah. Just at the spooky levels. Managed most of the challenges.
Seem to go with Mario, Luigi and rabbids Princess. Maybe I need to switch things up a bit or buy some new weapons.

Still can’t do that challenge I mentioned up thread (not cheated and looked at the solution yet :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I like it because it feels like I’m playing a video game in a diarama :smiley:

Some of the effects and stuff are great aren’t they. The 2d characters in a 3d world is a bit Paper Mario but it just looks great here and the battle system etc are very good too. Still have a bunch of things to do in the demo from the look of it. Post-boss in Olberics story I headed east to the crazy hard cave over there but now I realise you can go explore an entire other town and cross paths with the other character there by going West. And likewise in her quest you can do similar. I think I’ll mostly be playing this this weekend and trying to solve all available sidequests too.