Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

BOTW was a stunnnnning game, but for sheer enjoyment alone… I had more fun with Steamworld Dig

Completed Mario vs Rabbids story today. Done 2/3s of the Challenges but feel like I’ve had all the fun I need from it now. May trade it in this week at GAME or somewhere equally horrid and save £15 on FIFA18 or something, as can’t see me really replaying it or wanting the DLC overly.

But it was a really fun game. Never played an XCOM-esque game before so it was a pleasant experience for me and I’m glad that Nintendo and Ubisoft trusted each other to create such an interesting side avenue; Ubisoft get a lot of shit but if it wasn’t for the support they gave the Wii U, I pretty much would have had no third party games to play on that machine.

The soundtrack in this game is also straight into my top ten gaming OSTs of all time. Totally wonderful from start to finish.

Next up… bought Piccross to see what all the long-time Nintendo fans are raving about and am on Part 4 of Thimbleweed Park, so will try and get those a bit more under my belt before getting Golf Story or Steamworld Dig 2.

Man… TOO MANY GAMES. Feel bad I’ve barely touched ARMS or Splatoon 2 in months either.

Bet it feels really strange for you, having a backlog of games crushing you :smiley:

2 Likes

Link?

Basically agree, although my fav is probably Shovel Knight. Fantastic game.

Golf Story is brill too but I am pacing myself.

Thought this was a very good throwback and update to the 8 bit platformer, but a tad overrated. Thought the other games in the pack offered little extra value either. Sonic Mania is the best platformer I’ve played on the Switch so far

That sentence was a mess.

Agreed about the other characters but the main quest was just glorious, the music too. I completely slept on it and although I’d obviously heard of the game, I essentially jumped in blind, so was blown away.

I did enjoy Mania and thought it was a great Sonic game, but I’m just not a huge Sonic fan. Happy I got it though for sure.

2 Likes

It’s okay… I don’t like money anyways

1 Like

I’ve genuinely never experienced this before. Closest comparison for me was when I bought a PS2 5 years into it’s time so I was like a kid in a second hand, all games were £10 candy store.

Finally pre-ordered the Switch + Mario Odyssey bundle!

Can’t wait to get stuck into that and BOTW. Might book a day or two off work to have a long weekend and be joyfully nerdy. Not done that in my adult life, now seems like the right time.

4 Likes

There’s an ACTUAL harvest moon on the 5th. Just sayin’. I’m sure it’s a coincidence.

1 Like

Is there? They kept that quiet. With Faming Simulator 2017 also imminent, people who like pretend farming are spoilt for choice!

Edit: just got that you meant an actual actual harvest moon

2 Likes

Aye super clever reference that

Also Stardew Valley will be only 10.99 Its avoided the nintendo tax!

1 Like

Just to confuse even further, actual Harvest Moon isn’t ACTUAL Harvest Moon any more. ACTUAL Harvest Moon is now called Stories of Seasons while Harvest Moon is now an entirely new series under the same name.

Unless you were talking about an actual moon. I’ve confused myself now.

1 Like

Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime [Devishly fun and cute 2 - 4 player co-op space adventure] Axiom Verge [Awesome metroidvania], Volgar The Viking [Difficult but great sidescrolling action/platformer/beat em up] and Stardew Valley all coming out this week. JEEZE

All of them costing roughly the same, mostly the same as the PC Versions [£8 - £15] and are all games I want on the go, Gawd damn I love this console.

Is there any way to save mid level on shovel knight? I keep passing some checkpoints and making progress in a level but when I close the programme to let the kids play splatoon it puts me right back at the beginning of the level on my return. It’s frustrating cos I want to play shovel knight in little ten minute bursts

No way to save mid-level. Adds to the difficulty of it. Just don’t close it. Put your Switch to sleep with the programme running