Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Does it not have one that comes with a Mairo download? Unless I’m mistaken, so maybe that’s what he means?

Cause if you’ve redeemed the download yeah, it;'ll be linked to their account? Not sure how that works.

If the game installed on switch any account can play it.

Just have to be careful not to delete it I guess.

1 Like

This is what I’ve been promised

It’s true. It is fine until you have an issue with your Switch or it gets stolen or whatever. Then you won’t be able to download it again unless you have access to the account. Then again, since you’re getting it for cheap it’s fine, but if you ask, maybe the person selling might be willing to hand their account over to you (once removing any credit card details obviously) so that you have proper ownership of it

Could they “claim” it back?

I’m honestly not sure. This makes it sound like the account holder can deactivate the link to the Switch at any time, “Once you’ve deactivated a Switch, your games will no longer be playable on that console”. In that case, you either have to trust that the seller won’t nick it back off you or take over access to their account. I guess it’s possible they could claim it back somehow and claim that it was stolen but it’s still the most secure way.

Ah thanks - I’ll do this I think, ta!

I’ve really been loving Overcooked since getting my Switch on Saturday. Great two player fun, and had attempted a hectic four player game yesterday, which was fun but was having to give a tutorial to the others. One player is less fun. But it’s going to take up lots of hours to go through it all I think.
Downloaded Rocket League. Was fun when a friend came over, but not sure if I’ll play it on my own or online yet.
Enjoyed the demo of Snipperclips, and the Picross-copy type game. And will also surely download the proper Picross as well soon.
Not started Zelda yet, but will wait until I’ve got a nice bit of me-time before I start that!

2 Likes

This is the most excited I’ve ever been for a patch

1 Like

Not quite sure what to expect, but nice to see Nintendo aren’t slowing down at all.

3 Likes

Woah.

Wonder if this is going to be a UI update for new parental controls or something?

My expectations are very much tempered, but I do hope it is a little more exciting than that!

I imagine it’s going to be something Wii Sports or Wii Fit style.

This is going to be old news for a lot of you, but the ability to just crack on with Zelda whilst on a plane last night was absolutely brilliant and made the experience of long-haul flight so much better. That might have been the moment when the whole concept of the switch really clicked for me.

It just makes so much sense to be able to continue what you’re playing wherever and whenever you like. Can totally see it beating PS2 lifetime sales because of that fundamental change to the way you play.

4 Likes

Always loved my 3DS for that, but the scope of the games on Switch is so far beyond anything that could do it’s mind-blowing.

1 Like

It’s so good!

I really don’t care that it’s underpowered vs a ps4 or xbone or whatever because I can actually take it anywhere. I mean, it’s genuinely incredible when you think of how far consoles have come.

1 Like

Really enjoying replaying LA Noire on the Switch, it’s dead cheap for a physical copy now as well, give it a go those of you who haven’t played it, it’s a bit of an oddity but I really love it.

1 Like

“… seems irrelevant.”

1 Like

Fucking great stuff, just picking up a carrot or something, looking at it for ages and saying “circumstantial Cole” to yourself before placing it extremely carefully back in the exact position it was in

2 Likes