Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

presumably they are starting with NES games, then will roll out SNES, N64 etc over time?

it is but they need to keep pace with all the hackers n that just to dissuade people from doing it.
otherwise the online will be a mess with cheaters, which when the matching making isn’t ideal makes it a bit of a turn off :frowning:

Nintendo have a got a habit of banning consoles with modified firmware from online features; I would be surprised if they treat the Switch any differently there.

The service will launch with 20 games, with new games added regularly. Launch titles include:

• Soccer
  • Tennis
  • Donkey Kong™
  • Mario Bros.™
  • Super Mario Bros.™
  • Balloon Fight™
  • Ice Climber™
  • Dr. Mario™
  • The Legend of Zelda™
  • Super Mario Bros.™ 3

And more to be revealed!

Basically sucks for people who bought stuff on virtual console on Wii and Wii U right? Can’t see any downside for Switch owners otherwise.

Think we’ll at least get a roll out of SNES and N64 games in the future. It’s a great model for them - Nintendo love getting people to pay over and over for their back catalogue and streaming allows them to do it without the punters ever owning the rights to anything.

If most of the stuff I owned on Wii ends up on this Netflix style service then no great loss tbh. The only bit that’s missing is the ability to backup saves to SD for non-subscribers as far as I can tell.

Happy enough with the online plans.
Cloud saves are a must have and If the game library is added too with decent enough regularity and extends beyond the NES it’ll be the easiest 20 quid a company has ever drawn from me.

yeah they’re not going to do that and just make people pay for this aren’t they. let’s be honest.

1 Like

Yup, same price as Celeste and that is shit.

not played it but will at the first sign of a price drop

Oh, I agree - More coming at it from the angle of it being the fair bit of criticism in all this. I don’t think the rest is too bad personally, but I think it’s a bit off to have no Save backup option without paying.

1 Like

so switch online looks like hot trash, right? probably won’t be paying for that.

Will you not want to play anything online?

if its as shitty as the online on wii and wii u, then it’ll be unplayable anyway, so probably not.

pretty much. but saves, a bunch of NES games, and yeah the option to play online make it just about worth it for me.

hopefully they nail online smash bros but i’m not holding my breath

ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Rocket League run like a dream for me on Switch. Only ever had about two dropped games in Splatoon 2 in a year of playing it.

The length of time to find a match in Splatoon 2 bugs me a bit, but think it’s been spotless in terms of connectivity.

If they can just put all of the old Marios and Zeldas on the streaming servce thing kind of immediately please

1 Like

Though most of my playtime with the switch is when I’m out of the house/not on WiFi so not sure how this will work/if I’ll benefit.

Where does it say it is streaming? I didn’t know the game streaming actually worked well.