Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

was the demo of this any good? think it’s probably not for me, especially at full price, but you never know

I only got a chance to play a couple of games, but I thought it was good fun. will probably wait for it to come down in price too

1 Like

Shovelware been about fora ages noob

I really enjoyed it. Couldn’t play the Simple rules mode on the demo, which I think I’ll ultimately prefer, but the mode with all the power shots, combos and slow mo was really good. Played like a fighting game at time, having to gain ground, counter and get direct hits in.

Within an hour of playing it I found it fluid and varied, having some almighty rallies. Did find that some people had gotten INSANELY good, INSANELY fast however, with some opponents not losing a point to me.

Only deal breakers for me are, A) the price. Wouldn’t pay £50 in the eshop for it. But sure when it’s £38 on Smyth’s I’ll get in. But a bigger issue, B), is online. Lag was horrid and made it unplayable. Once I realised you can see your opponents internet connection though before accepting a game, I merely only took on people with 5 green bars.

1 Like

:smiley:

I know this of course, just couldn’t resit sharing such a shite trailer.

1 Like

Not sure who is doing their marketing now but it’s so good to see them not being shit anymore.

1 Like

I’m absolutely loving Disgaea 5. It’s fully mental, obviously, but also excellent.

Well worth the £30 or so you can find it for, if that style of game is your thing. Good thing there’s a demo, though - can imagine plenty of folk bouncing right off it.

Played quite a lot of 2 and 4. Absolutely bonkers games. It’s just systems within systems within systems. There’s something quite odd about grinding for hours and hours just for the joy of seeing massive numbers on the screen :grinning: Might go back to 4 at some point.

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

Standard.

1 Like

Seems about right to me

2 Likes

Can’t find a gif, but my favourite skill animation so far is when my Maid splits into eight copies of herself, which float into the air and surround the target, then simultaneously fire their bows… to do no damage, because she’s under-levelled relative to the rest of the party as she hasn’t been dealing blows or being picked up by the ankles and used as a weapon by one of the other damage dealers.

Bonkers.

1 Like

anyone wanna play mario kart with me?

Celeste fans: last night I did the chapter (3? 4?) where you’re fighting against strong headwinds the whole time. Do they use that mechanic often? Because I’m going to stop playing it if they do.

Nah, just briefly once more I think.

1 Like

Thank fuck for that.

Hi Epimer. Evrery stage has its own bespoke gimmick to it which isnt persistently used. The wind being one of them, however the final stretch uses every mechanic in small chunks

1 Like

On the B-side of that level they have a hilarious sequence where you work your way laboriously across a long screen of that shit and then, just as you take your second last jump, the wind stops dead and you overshoot the landing.

I’m hopelessly addicted it seems. I said I was going to stop but the Mirror Temple B-Side turned out to be comparatively easy. Even the bit I was dreading which you have to negotiate while carrying stupid Theo around.

1 Like

Poor @1101010

3 Likes

Still can’t get my head around how a portable device that’s a centrimetre thick can run this:

2 Likes