Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

And Broken Age

Part 1 of Broken Age is amazing
Part 2 was awful

My son just got his 1st Fortnite win on the Switch.

5 Likes

A victory for all of DiS!

5 Likes

Apologies if this has already been asked but is there likely to be any Metroid footage/teaser?

Not this week.

Rewatching this Trailer to get hyped

1 Like

Also

Poor Waluigi

Guys… this was in the washington post

2 Likes

“Waluigi is a wronged, strangely sexual antihero who suffers one injustice after another.”

Fucking hell :joy:

This is an oldie but a goodie

I, We, Waluigi: a Post-Modern analysis of Waluigi by Franck Ribery

Waluigi is the ultimate example of the individual shaped by the signifier. Waluigi is a man seen only in mirror images; lost in a hall of mirrors he is a reflection of a reflection of a reflection. You start with Mario – the wholesome all Italian plumbing superman, you reflect him to create Luigi – the same thing but slightly less. You invert Mario to create Wario – Mario turned septic and libertarian – then you reflect the inversion in the reflection: you create a being who can only exist in reference to others. Waluigi is the true nowhere man, without the other characters he reflects, inverts and parodies he has no reason to exist. Waluigi’s identity only comes from what and who he isn’t – without a wider frame of reference he is nothing. He is not his own man. In a world where our identities are shaped by our warped relationships to brands and commerce we are all Waluigi.

4 Likes

Nice to see he’s keeping his mind active post international retirement. Good for him.

1 Like

Had a few games of that there Fortnite. Feels horribly cheap, don’t it? Like it was made in the PS2 era and got bung on a disc before it was done. Really reminds me of playing Twisted Metal or Syphon Filter where it’s all a bit janky, but fairly likeable despite that.

Played a few 50 v 50 and won those by just not dying, so I used that tactic too in Solo and placed 5th on my second go.

So Fortnite then. Not sure I get it. But it’s seems kinda fun.

Just got my first kill on Fortnite. Spend most of my games wandering alone hoping not to get killed. Now excuse me whilst I have another go!

3 Likes

I may have overpackaged my joycon.

5 Likes

So nothing exciting came of the further Treehouses right? Or did I miss something?

Got Tumblestone for £3.59 and don’t feel that it was even worth that.

Treehouses just give you more game footage and details right?

Only watched bits of the Pokemon one. The game looks fine. Pretty much the bare minimum you would expect from a console Pokemon, which is a basic 3D remake of the first games. Seems like it’ll be a decent reason to replay the games, but the Pokemon catching looks like it could become really tedious really quickly. A Pokemon battle is a bit more varied and entertaining than just flicking your wrist to throw a ball at it. Feel like that was left over from a concept for a game designed for Wii, where every game needed some motion thing, no matter if it actually added to the gameplay.

They announced Samus Returns in the Treehouse last year so people were hoping there would be another small surprise.

I really like Tumblestone. The levels get much more interesting as you progress and the various arcade modes add some variety.
Wouldn’t have wanted to pay full price mind.

1 Like