Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

METROIDVANIA suggestions are spot on.

Hollow Knight gets great reviews. I adored Steamworld Dig 2, though it’s a little different to a pure METROIDVANIA. Axiom Verge is very good too and a decent challenge. Cave Story fits this bill too from what I know of it.

Shovel Knight is also great. Slightly more of a platformer though.

1 Like

Nintendo stuff seems to hold its value ridiculously well, so reckon it’s worth getting physical copies of the 1st party stuff.

Really lost interest in DK. On the last world so need to finish it so I can sell it and get something else :grinning:

3 Likes

Hmm I might trade it in towards getting Mario Tennis. Don’t think I’m going to get through it TBH

1 Like

Think it’s time we had a new title for this thread now

1 Like

Yeah I was trying to do all the secret levels but by the 5th world it got too hard and I just thought “fuck it” and finished it up as quick as possible

also like whilst the graphics are fine/good, the world design/variation is really pretty boring.

6 worlds of Jungle with the same enemies?!

1 Like

Yeah same. I was getting all the KONG letters and unlocking everything, but just got a bit tired of it by World 5. I’ve generally enjoyed it, but wish I hadn’t paid £40 for it!

1 Like

Anyone ever sent a joycon off for repair. Easy and straightforward process? How long did it take etc?

I remember every world feeling really different?!

I think you all played a different game to me and this guy:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Mario's Level Design, Evolved - YouTube

Agreed. I found it really varied and loved the game.

However fuck the bonus levels. So at 31 trade in value I’ll only be down four quid on the whole transaction, can’t really turn that down.

1 Like

Yes, one of my extra ones had that fault. Filled in an online form and sent it in. I don’t remember it taking too long

I don’t think they feel very different as world’s - but the levels do! Like they don’t really fit in with the themes most of the time. The Sawmill level stands out, as does the darkness water level. Really awesome levels.

But I agree. I find it is totally awesome, but I’m at the world 5 boss and realising that, bar maybe six or so secret levels and exits I am still to find and the puzzle bits, there is only one more world? That’s a bit disappointing. I have cracked 15 hours on it, but I’ve truly been spoiled by Odyssey and BotW.

It is one of the best platformers I’ve played since Super Meat Boy absolutely, but does seem a little light on content and replayablility for someone who doesn’t care about the time attack stuff.

On the fence. When I’m playing it I’m frustrated and pissed off at how awesome it is and having a ball… But afterwards it feels like it needed more? Who knows.

Played 18 minutes of the Octopath demo yesterday. I can 100% say that shite is not for me.

Yeah I guess odyssey and sonic mania have spoiled me. Reckon apart from the main theme a lot of the music lacks the sort of energetic punch I want from a platformer too. Can’t underestimate how important great music is in this sort of game

Mine isnt issues with the wireless thing that a lot had but the control stick just felt a bit off and the L3 click was a bit mushy. Might just live with it. Only really noticed it on Fortnite where you use the L3 click a lot to run. Plus dont want to be stuck without when Octopath launches. If it gets any worse I’ll get onto them.
Cheers for the info though mate.

Yeah, it wasn’t such a big deal for me as I have 2x sets of joycons, so could still play

If another pair are ever going in a deal or anything I might pick them up. Use the pro when I’m playing on telly anyway.

AAAHHHHH fuck, this is the end now, I promise (apart from the £50 of credit I have!). Mario Tennis for £37

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/god-of-war-ps4-3499-detroit-become-human-ps4-3599-mario-tennis-aces-switch-3699-donkey-kong-county-3499-monster-shop-2975301

man I’m so tempted

1 Like

Yup did it a couple of weeks ago.

Request online, they’ll email you a freepost label and you’ll have it back in a few days.