Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

yeah we had a whole little town, me and a couple of mates, I built most of the stuff and they did the mining and adventuring. Had 3 houses, the church, windmill, stables, farm and greenhouse, gatehouse, lighthouse, beach with deck chairs and the pirate ship.

Really fond memories of last summer dicking about building all this stuff with them and chatting on steam :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Switch version because it’s portable, and has cross play features so you can play with people on mobile/switch/pc/xbox

PS4 is the worst version now by default because they are currently the baddies in video games and aren’t playing nice,

Bought Wolfenstein II tonight. Despite not quite finishing Golf story yet. Or being far into the Splatoon 2 DLC. Or scratching the surface of Ikaruga. Or even opening Wulverblade, Severed or Sexy Brutale. Oops…

1 Like

All right then, I’ll get Minecraft, stop fucking banging on about it, jesus.

3 Likes

The second Octopath Traveller demo has completely sold me on the game. The art style is incredible and so far the individual stories are pulling me in (started with the dancer and found the Knight).

I’m intrigued at how the eight stories pull together (or if, they must right?). In any case, this is day one for me. Smyths Toys again doing a great pre order deal if you can collect it in-store (35 quid).

2 Likes

Anyone else on Yoku’s? It’s fun but fuck me I hate the release on those spinning flowers.

I really want it, but have a fuck ton of games I’m halfway through, so holding out for a little sale.

1 Like

Hey gang

Do I need any particular ID to sell games in CEX?

US Marine dogtags

2 Likes

Also, the Splatoon 2 OctoExpansion DLC is FUCKING NAILS.

Photo ID from memory, don’t need proof of address.

Thank you Ducko

Thanks!

Thanks for nothing @anon29812515

Cheers Col, so to confirm, the worlds are now infinite a la PC version, instead of the pre-set size that was present on the PS3 version?

Don’t come crying to me when they ask for your dogtags!

4 Likes

On the Switch, yes. They’re not on PS4 and potentially never will be.

1 Like

Could anybody give an opinion on Mario Tennis Aces? I don’t think I was that bothered to get it, but my wife has shown interest and we have some friends who would probably quite like to play with us occasionally. Thing is is my wife is kind of basing that interested on Wii Tennis (and that she likes the look of it in the adverts). I suspect this will play much differently to Wii Tennis after the reviews I’ve seen, though it’s still supposedly a good game.

Does each player need a whole joycon pair to play? That would mean 2 players max for us. Or is there a single joycon mode where you don’t control movement like Wii Tennis? Is it a good party game or is the system overcomplicated to pick up and play?

Dunno about the joycons or multiplayer but the demo was fun and nothing like wii tennis. I’m hoping my copy turns up today.

Picross revelation: you don’t have to click for every square, just hold the button down and move the cursor!

1 Like

you can play on single joycons. single payer is really hard in parts.
its much deeper technically than wii sports and the waving your hands about thing is a bit shit and a tiny part of the game