Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

From wiki:

The western release of Super Mario Bros. 2 was based on Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic , a Family Computer Disk System game meant to tie-in with Fuji Television’s media technology expo, called Yume Kōjō (“Dream Factory”). The characters, enemies, and themes of the game were meant to reflect the mascots and theme of the festival.[2] After Nintendo of America found the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 (later released internationally as Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels ) to be too difficult and similar to its predecessor, Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic was modified to become Super Mario Bros. 2 for release outside of Japan.[3]:2

Smb2 usa is different but good, Lost Levels is like a Mario hack for sadists.

1 Like

1,2 USA, 3 and lost levels (Japan mario2) were all part of Mario all-stars.

That’s the one

1 Like

Aye lost levels is the ‘real’ Mario 2. Though only Japan got it at the time. Its shit.

2 player Contra online would be class.

NoA had the right idea when they canned it for not being fun.

1 Like

I’m in!

Lakitu you PRICK

Installed, played a bit of Mario 3, back up some of my saves (64mb of data for zelda wow…). Seems pretty slick but surprised there was no splash screen on booting up. Had to go into the eShop to see the nes app, then when starting it it redirected me back to the eShop to sort out membership, though I didn’t see that option in there the first time. Think a lot would miss it just by not knowing to look.

Woke up early to get in on the action (give Nintendo more dosh).

Big fan of the NES app, slick and super fast loading. Would love to be able to rebind controls and scans/repros of the original manuals would have been a nice touch too.

Mario 3 is as great a game as ever and Dr Mario is going to bring me a lot of joy.

1 Like

Really really wish you could play online with random players… not having to rely on the friends list…

I had written this off as a bunch more DLC for an already huge game I ought to put another 40 hours into, but the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 expansion Torna: The golden country sounds really interesting.

All the reviews say it feels like a new game. It gives you the back story for some of the main games more obtuse characters and allows you to explore a whole new world, revisit one that feels very different and uses a new battle system.

Most interestingly, you can play either this or the main game first and this works as a standalone, shorter, cheaper adventure for those who are unsure about dropping £45 on the main game. My understanding is that you don’t need to own the main game to play this.

Lots of people are saying this could be the way forward for the series. Mini adventures bolted onto the main world rather than a 200 hour epic every 5 years.

Just to keep everyone informed. Completed Dead Cells on hard, now struggling on very hard.

I’ve sorta given up for now. Think I’ll go back to it in a few weeks time…

Nobody cares mate, we’ve all moved on to Yoku’s Island Express now. Keep up.

1 Like

Didn’t realise that, bit wank

1 Like

Yoku’s? Pfff that is OLD NEWS.

(does this mean you were unable to complete Dead Cells?)

1 Like

I don’t see how that’s relevant.

I… have to go now.

3 Likes

Ahhh, yeah. The NES games, you mean? Yeah, odd that.

Do you need to be online to play the nes games? Go on holiday on Friday and am gonna take my switch