Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

But you have to subscribe to the NES emulator online service if you want to back them up on the cloud

Did you ever play Steamworld Heist? I haven’t played Mario + Rabbids, but I loved the turn-based fun of Heist, and so I imagine I’d love M+R. I’ll contemplate buying it the next time it has a good sale.

My list of Switch games from favourite to lesser favourites:

Zelda BOTW
Mushroom Wars
Overcooked
Steamworld Heist
Hollow Knight
Dead Cells
Picross S (and S2)
Steamworld Dig 2
Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime
Mario Kart 8
Mario Odyssey
Golf Story
Yoku’s Island Express
Thimbleweed Park
Oxenfree
Gorogoa
Human Resource Machine

and then these remaining games which I either haven’t played much of or have just got distracted by other games instead:

Worms WMD, Rocket League, Death Squared, The Bridge, Snipperclips, Framed Collection, Bomb Chicken, Just Dance 2018

This is the first time I’ve had a console where I’ve downloaded games to it, so it means I’ve managed to buy a whole bunch more indie games. If I was restricted to normal physical games then my list would be a lot lot smaller and sadder.

that’s some real love for Mushroom Wars!

It’s my second most played game after Zelda. The one player was great, but then I got hooked on the online battles against other randoms - either winning and feeling like a champion and wanting more battles, or losing and then wanting to redeem myself. More so than I got with Mario Kart online (which was fun, but didn’t eat up anywhere near as many hours as the Wii version did for me).

The only thing that stopped me from continuously playing Mushroom Wars was Dead Cells and then Hollow Knight. Will return to it soon, although I’ll probably feel really out of practice!

1 Like

maybe it’s just the name, it sounds like such a throwaway thing but maybe there’s something to it!

Right cracks fingers

THIS IS THE DEFINITIVE BEST OF SWITCH LIST
lezgo

1. Celeste
  2. BOTW
  3. Mario Odyssey
  4. Sonic Mania
  5. Dead Cells
  6. Splatoon 2
  7. Bayonetta 1/2
  8. Puyo Puyo Tetris
  9. Okamni HD
  10. Steamworld Dig 2
  11. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  12. Mario Kart 8
    13… Enter the Gungeon
  13. Lumiones HD
  14. Yokus Island Express
  15. Battlechef Brigade
  16. Golf Story
  17. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  18. Football Manager Touych
  19. Korg Gadget (for Nintendo Switch)
  20. Octopath Traveler
  21. Captain Toad
  22. Rayman Legends (would probably be higher if this wasnt the 4th time I played it)
  23. Shanta 1/2 Genie Hero
  24. Mio + Rabbids
  25. Picross S
  26. Shovel Knight : Spector Knight
  27. Snipperclips
  28. Stardew Valley… (I forgot about this game until now, stick that sucker into number 2)
  29. Thimbleweed Park
  30. Thumper
  31. Ocenfree
  32. Minecraft
  33. Rocket League
  34. Fifa 18
  35. Fortnite

I give up

I got too many games

1. Celeste
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. BOTW
  4. Mario Odyssey
  5. Sonic Mania
  6. Dead Cells
  7. Splatoon 2
  8. Bayonetta 1/2
  9. Puyo Puyo Tetris
  10. Okamni HD
3 Likes

celeste must be pretty good!

Voice chat now enabled for Mario Kart. Real shame is through that stupid phone app.

Aye @profk doesn’t need an app to talk to himself :wink:

3 Likes

YAY, LISTS! I’ve compiled one. Which instinctively feels fucked.

Rocket League
Super Mario Odyssey
Inside
Splatoon 2
Steamworld dig 2
Wolfenstein II
Shovel Knight: Specter of torment
Mario & Rabbids kingdom battle
Picross S
Golf story
Celeste
DOOM
Shovel knight
Dead cells
ARMS
Labo variety kit 01
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Subsurface Circular
Thimbleweed park
Rime
Floor kids
Axiom verge
Sonic mania
Thumper
Ikaruga
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Gorogoa
Oxenfree
Stardew Valley
FIFA18
Fortnite
1-2-Switch
Use your words
Human fall flat
Bulb Boy
The Fall 2: Unbound

Still to play enough / start:

Paladins
Snipperclips
Hollow Knight
Yoku’s island express
Severed
Sexy Brutale
Fallout shelter
Wulver blade

Christ, I’ve bought 43 games for the Switch and I’ve only had it 16 months…

2 Likes

Its a really fucking good game and handles depresaion and anxiety in a clever/classy and effective way and it ties it effortlessly into the gameplay. Its not eveyones fav, no, but its very much a game with a die hard playerbase and already garnering cult classic status because for those it does talk to it talks to them in a huge way. It also controls amazingly and has an increible soundtrack.

Im not exagerating when i say that i consider it one of my fav games of all time.

2 Likes

I’m happy for you, sounds like you found your game of the generation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just bought a year’s worth of online. Purely to play Rocket League. The bastards.

2 Likes

All right then, serious chat. Online Review Time.

• The new update doesn’t feel that new really. Not much added from a Quality of Life perspective. Added Online so I assume there is a shit load of new back end. But yeah, seemed small. Loads of things missing that they now can focus on I guess.
  • Cloud Saves works well and the size of the save sis baffling. How can all my moons and data be like 100Mb! Fuck. Also, did you all know - you have to enable each game’s cloud save function directly, in the + menu on the game or the Data Management part of the settings. It works good for me. It should be invisible for the user so that’s good that it basically is.
  • NES Classics is a small app so I assumed you’d have to download each game after you click on it, so to see each game load IMMEDIATELY was a shock. Turns out the app downloaded all the games! Mental. Does this mean it’ll gradually get bigger and bigger over time as more games are added to it? Not sure. As for playing them, the interface is slick. I love it actually. I played the two Super Mario Bros games and loved it. For a first experience of those games it was ideal. Bloody hell though, SMB3 is hard as nails. Died a lot, much to my wife’s chagrin as she played them to death as a kid. Enjoyed it.
  • Not touched the voice chat. Never have. Likely never will.

Overall I like it. Its fine. Needs more features like themes, parties, messaging, SNES games. Usual list, but for £4 a month it is quite good.

2 Likes

Yep, good summary. After I’d got a few pals together to split the cost of a family membership, it’s £6.50ish for the year. Hard to sniff at 50p a month, even though in the main the most that can be said of it is that…

Really love the NESflix app, even if the games aren’t really that great any more. Still managed to sink a few hours into Dr Mario last night though.

I beat my friend 3-0 on Soccer last night and derived zero pleasure in doing so. Don’t see why they didn’t just release FIFA 18 or PES 18 in the 80s tbh because they’re a lot better imo.

Is there a way to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the NES app which displays the button prompts?