Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I’m assuming they’d want to end up offering more than 20 games per platform eventually. 20 Ocarinas is 640MB, I’d say that’s a large proportion of the switches memory given the OS and other games.

If they don’t go past the snes I’d be bummed really. They should be aiming to offer a fairly comprehensive Netflix style system eventually. Add tiers to the monthlies to unlock other platforms above the basic package.

The Wii had virtual console at the beginning. That system is 10 years old and we are now about a third of the way into the switches lifespan. If this is the start of a longer term, stable online service that will span generations and gradually build, then fine. But if we hit reset in 4 years and change it again its going to be massively frustrating and a waste.

and like you said, they’ve had 10 years to do this already

What are Cloud Saves and why’s everybody bothered about them? It’s not some daft Final Fantasy thing, is it?

Some game saves get stored on The Cloud, so that if you lose/break your switch you don’t have to start the game again

I got an image of a diskette with that daft haircut

1 Like

From what I understand they’ve chosen to omit this feature from certain games though?

It’s an update away from toppling Overwatch

In a bored moment of procrastination madness I’ve taken everyone’s 5 favourite games to make a definitive list of BEST SWITCH GAMES

:sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Celeste
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Stardew Valley=Rocket League
Sonic Mania
Dead Cells=Overcooked=Picross
Hollow Knight=Golf Story
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim=Bayonetta 2=Rayman Legends=Mushroom Wars
Splatoon 2=Steamworld=Inside
Enter the Gungeon=Shovel Knight

:sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:

Should probably give Celeste a go.

5 Likes

This thread is a multitime celeste fan group thread for a reason ya know

Because you keep editing the title to make it one?

4 Likes

Exactly

Going to pick up a Switch for the long, cold winter ahead. Don’t have a TV or a monitor, but been meaning to get a monitor for ages to connect my laptop to. So figured I might as well buy a decent one I can also connect the Switch to. Found this article which seems quite helpful - Best Gaming Monitors for Nintendo Switch – Buying Guide

Just wondered if anyone had any other tips / experiences connecting a Switch to a monitor? Cheers!

This could be fun:

Also, I’m playing Dark Souls! Online test available now until 10pm

Really? What the shit.

This isn’t going to be downloaded by 10pm.

So, I played 1 minute and I have no idea what to do, what the controls, and most importantly I died.

Ummmmmm.

It’s playable for the next two nights between 6 and 10 I think too.

Controls and buttons in Dark Souls are bullshit. I always press the wrong shit.

For now, press Y to revive health, R to use your sword, A to roll and L to hold your shield.

1 Like

Played it for a few minutes.
I know there’s a Dark souls cult on here but it just didn’t seem very enjoyable IMHO.

You know in Cities Skylines yeah? Why are my citizens always ill because of the water? How are you supposed to do the pipes and that? This is by far and away my biggest frustration in a game I’m otherwise enjoying.

1 Like

Oh it’s not enjoyable. For hours. But it gets incredibly rewarding once you start figuring it out.

I’ve only beaten the first two or three bosses in the game way back in the day but can’t wait to take it back on. Though I’m also slightly dreading it…