Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I’m looking for a decent ‘Metroidvania’ type game or any rpg’s but i’m open to suggestions for anything if i’m honest.
Octopath Treveler looks right up my street so might save my money for that.

Give the new Octopath traveller demo a go. Just bear in mind all 8 stories may not be as interesting/appealing.
Personally I think it’s a brilliant game and over both demos have probably put about 8-10 hours in.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very different and a bit more divisive but I loved it and sank about 170 hours into it. Watch a few youtube vids on the combat etc and see if it’s for you (and Japanese voices all the way, not a fan of the english dub at all)

2 Likes

Steamworld Dig 2 for your metroidvania itch

4 Likes

This did catch my eye and i’ve heard really good things about it, it’s also relatively cheap so i think this might be my next purchase.

I didn’t like it Gaz and I know how much you value my opinion.

1 Like

Hollow Knight is THE Metroidvania on the platform. Audio, visuals and gameplay all on point and all combine to complement the story.
So much content for the price too! Could easily get 30+ hours out of it.

1 Like

It’s been selling like hotcakes hasn’t it?
The price is very tempting so this is another contender for sure.

1 Like

I grabbed it on PC originally and had no issue paying again for Switch.
Truly incredible game that would be reasonable at 3x the price.

Anyone played any of the Lego games. My son wants in. I was thinking City Undercover at £20. Would a (non-skilled at video games - only played Street Fighter on the SNES and some MK) be able to pick it up.

Yes. Its very straight forward

Follow the linesm amash the bricks. Build the solution to some simple puzzles. The building is automated an acheieved with holding the b button

The Lego games are pretty simple to pick up and most of them suit co-op multiplayer, so you can do any slightly tricky bits while your son smashes bricks.

City Undercover is a bit different to the others; it’s roots are in trying to be like GTA rather than just a bog standard simple platformer.

1 Like

Cheers, that sounds good. Shame it is £50 in the online store.

Right, ordered for £18

So, for the first four games I got they were all physical versions. Zelda, Mario, MK8DX and Donkey Kong.

But damn digital is so much more convenient. Might be a convert.

1 Like

Yeah fuck physical (apart from the Lego game which I just bought for £18 physical vs £50 digital).

gonna trade in DK for £31 cash though. I’ve gone back the other way, used to get all digital

1 Like

Shit where is that?

CEX. Pretty sure you get similar at GAME too

Jings. That’s good. I’d feel bad doing it for Fathers Day reasons, but wow

1 Like