Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I’ve played about 35 hours of stardew valley in 9 days.

Fuck

6 Likes

what are you doing posting here, you could be brewing more beer/being friends with Linus!

3 Likes

good point

1 Like

absolutely all of my ‘friend time’ has been spent trying to woo emily because I need help on the farm

2 Likes

I so wish I got this game. I just found it utterly dull and never really got what I was supposed to be doing.

Noticed on the eshop that the Dark Souls release date has changed from Summer 2018 to Planned release date: 2018.

What the hell is going on there? Reviewers had played finished versions of the game at a gaming expo earlier this year. And now, nothing… Weird?

oh boy oh boy oh boy i’m joining this later. need to do a few IRL chores and then spend a few hours picking a new skin first

2 Likes

yes!

1 Like

In the morning I see if there’s anything good on the telly, then let the chickens (Shelley and Bobo) out of their coop. I restock their hay if needed, then put their eggs in the mayonnaise making machine that I made.

While that’s working, I water my seasonal crops* and top up my dog’s water bowl. That doesn’t have any in game effect, I think, but I can’t stand the thought of Mr Paws going thirsty while I’m out running my errands.

After that I pick up the mayonnaise and head into town. On the way I’ll forage some mushrooms and berries. I’ll see if there’s anything on the noticeboard, and give my mayonnaise* to anyone I come across* that I would like to be my friend. I might pop into the blacksmith or the museum to drop off some things, then I head up to the mines.

In the mines I slaughter bats and various arcane beasts for their body parts and the hope of getting some nicer shoes.

Then I go home via the hermit’s tent, give him some mayonnaise or jam*, lock up Shelley and Bobo*, put anything I want to sell in the magic box that turns things into money overnight, and go to sleep.

If that doesn’t sound like gaming bliss, I don’t know what to tell you.

*not a euphemism

5 Likes

I stopped playing Stardew Valley for a while because I was finding it incredibly stressful trying to work out the optimal way to use my energy throughout the day.

I think I’m on day 4 of summer in the first year and I have billions of blueberries to water everyday and then it’s suddenly 1pm and I’m too knackered to do anything.

2 Likes

urgh getting a huge urge to just impulse buy Octopath Traveller now. Those sprites look so cute!

1 Like

Two tips…

1. upgrade your watering can during winter
  2. eat some of your produce for more energy :slight_smile:
1 Like

I usually go foraging for spring onions which are good! I’m reluctant to eat my precious blueberries though after all the effort I’ve put into them, and they seem to fetch a good price too.

1 Like

At its core it’s an incremental game that gradually reveals more to you as you progress, but it rarely explicitly tells you what you need to do to unlock things.; You have to explore and speak to people to find out what’s possible. It’s not until you meet Lewis at the Town Hall a week or two in that you get a clear sense of a large goal, but from day to day the achievements (not in the Steam or Xbox live sense) are in getting slightly further towards whatever smaller goal you set yourself; be that buying a barn and some cows or planting your first pumpkins.

Definitely not for everyone, but to my mind there’s few games as good for peacefully whileing away an hour or two without any really stress.

1 Like

You can also buy food from the pub, but it’s fecking expensive!

And also in the game!!

3 Likes

sprinklers!

2 Likes

can’t wait to mine diamonds and then immediately fall in lava, such is the typical shadyadie minecraft experience!!! c u l8r

4 Likes

I need more iridium ore so I can make good ones :frowning:

2 Likes

yeah true… when they only do 4 squares of crops they’re a bit shitty.