Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Yeah. Tbh, I think it’s actually fairly reasonable for what you’re paying (albeit I’m assuming SNES and possibly other games will come in time), but then I’ve no experience of XBox or Playstation to compare it to and no voice chat almost feels more like a benefit rather than a problem in my view.

The fuss about Nintendo not keeping your cloud saves if you unsubscribe the other day tickled me as well. If I canceled my dropbox subscription, I wouldn’t expect them to save all my data forever!

Other: Never played any of the NES Games, so looking forward to that (my first Mario game was Super Mario 64DS). Also want cloud saves.

1 Like

Other - it’s fine.

3 Likes

No option for those of us who are giddy with excitement to pay for an online service that has previously been free of charge so I abstain.

2 Likes

“other”

It grates that it was free before. If they had improved the online play to levels seen on other systems you could say fair enough. If they had a full Netflix style virtual console then fair enough too, but it’s just a handful of very old games. It might do eventually but how long do we have to wait? The system has been out 18 months and this is as much as they can offer? Bit shit really. It’s telling that the most talked about feature is basically just server space rental for your saves.

This is coming from a long term Nintendo fan. Nothing they do surprises me, they routinely disappoint and amaze in equal measure.

2 Likes

And if you were to let your membership lapse… even by a day… you’ll lose your cloud data!¬

other for me - it’s fine in my book but as I don’t have any games that I actually play online I won’t be getting it. If/when that changes I will revisit my decision.

I’d kind of expect that. But surely unless you’re really unlucky and lose your switch in that one day then your save will still be saved locally anyway, so you just reupload when you start paying again.
Otherwise everyone would just pay one month, back up, and then if they every need to restore the backup just pay for another month. They end up paying two months over the course of what could be years. Not a sound business model…

1 Like

Why are the nes games being sold as a big draw? Didn’t we all buy mini neses two years ago?

Well I missed the mini nes and had considered getting one of the recent stock release, but then with this being announced it seemed kinda pointless. Wireless/portable switch vs tiny brick tethered to my telly by a 1.5m cable… Hmmm

Fair enough, playing portable on the switch is preferable but not preferable enough to make me bother shelling out all over again

Yeah that majes sense. As I say if they’d given us more than a few nes games, even tiered the pay structure to give you access to snes, n64, game cube, I’d be all over that. But this isn’t worth it just for that

1 Like

Barely have time for my switch let alone my mini SNES :sob:

NES games :frowning: not even SNES games (which have aged far better)

2 Likes
3 Likes

think I would like smash bros more if it wasn’t so stupid.

in many ways the N64 one was my favourite

Thats a really good video

3 Likes

Brilliant documentary series: