Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Och, I dunno.

Overcooked 2 is now 20% off, so I’ll purchase that to play at some point.

Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime is also on sale again, and is a great one player or cooperative player game. Still going through that and trying to complete it/collect all the space rabbits.

The back half of Guacamelee is pretty similar in that you have to chain together various jumps and moves to navigate screens of traps. Always felt the games were very close to each other in that respect.

Some pretty good deals on the eShop at the moment. The Binding of Isaac is half price, been waiting ages for any kind of discount so definitely getting it. The End is Nigh, Cave Story and Ikaruga all on sale too.

2 Likes

Starlink gettong some very positive reviews but a bunch of ho hum ones.

The good news is you dont appear to need to use the toys. Also apparently the star fox content is a blast. Seems like a decent space sim

I really want to get it but have been burned by so many Ubisoft games I’ve bought being half price within a month.

When this and South Park Fractured But Whole are £25, I’m in.

sounds like @Mistersteve has had a go over the menu theme for ultimate :smiley:

2 Likes

They’re on a roll at the moment. They keep putting out these videos too which are absolutely marvellous.

1 Like

that odyssey song was the best thing about that game imo.

I had The Binding Of Isaac on my watch list for some reason, so will have a Google / YouTube to remind myself of what it was. Will also have a look at those other games!

Anyone here who pre-ordered Dark Souls from Base or Simplygames received it yet or had it dispatched? Still showing as Pending for me, so may cancel it and buy it digitally tonight.

btw if anyone wants to get switch online, there’s a family plan for 32 quid a year, covering 8 accounts. me and a few of my mates just did this.

when’s smash out again?

December 7th, my man.

1 Like

bet you’re well excited.

I’m a bit jealous

excited for every smash release, tbh. It’s my joint favourite game of all time (the other is resi 4), and me and my atds have literally bought consoles for this game. we’ve been friends more or less our entire lives, and probably half of that time was playing thousands of hours of smash bros.

ah that’s a lovely story!

I remember playing loads of the first smash on N64 with my best friend at the time. Was probably the most fun game we played.

Sadly I never felt the later ones captured that again for me, just feels a bit too cluttered now.

1 Like

overwhelming number of characters, for sure (IMO).

it’s more just all the mad shit on screen now, some of the stages it feels like they’re changing every minute and then someone’s lobbing a pokeball and 3 different pokemon are breathing fire all over the shop.

I’m sure they have options in there to taylor the experience how you want it but as a casual fan it’s been hard to just whack it on with mates every once in a while and know what the hell is going on