Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

ooooo cool

Got bayonetta and mario on my birthday list for next week. Fingers crossed

1 Like

You were specific about which Mario game you wanted? You might end up with Mario Kart otherwise, and that doesn’t tell you anything at all about how to play the game, much less specific instructions :wink:

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like

Can we have a Rocket League DiS game at some point? I don’t have Mario Kart :cry:

Also I want to see just how bad I actually am at it.

2 Likes

Aah, completely forgot about that… Ta!

1 Like

Some interesting new games out this week.

Hollow looks like a stylish Alien esque experience. Pay Day 2 is getting solid reviews. And best of all is a Japanese game called Ace of Seafood where you play as various fish with Lazer beams on their heads and battle giant oversized sea animals, seals and starfish alongside navy ships. Looks batshit.

Ace of Seafood sounds rad. Payday 2 on the switch sounds like a pain in the arse due to lack of ability to type or voice chat

1 Like

Hello Switchers

I said somewhere I’d be getting a switch sometime this year…it’s been put on the backburner for a few reasons…but lately I’ve been working with people who are very passionate about gaming…and I got the old itch back again. I toyed with getting a cheaper sony/microsoft console and buying a bunch of games but…I’m a nintendohead at heart, and the switch just looks so damn good.

So…I’m going to save up a few pay checks and go for it. I’m thinking 3 games will be plenty to keep me going for a while (don’t have that much spare time…and if 2 of them are Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild…they’ll keep me occupied). uestion is…what should my thirs game be (They’re not cheap!). Ive been thinking of

Xenoblde Chronicles
Stardew Valley
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta (1 or 2?)

Tbf both Kirby and Donkey Kong may well be out by the time I source funds…so they’re also options (Donkey Kong Country returns was my favourite Wii game…even more than SM Galaxy 1 & 2)

Or any other suggestions

mega excited

Get Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo for 50 quid sir

Also games can be cheap. Look at the eshop offers and maybe get a few cheaper indie titles

A great indie game often retails at around 10 to 15 pounds and can hit as low as a couple of quid when on offer. Experiment and grab something that catches your eye. The really interesting shit is there and more niche stuff.

Yeah buy the bayonetta 2 cartridge and it comes with bayonetta 1 as a free download. That would be my choice but it depends what kind of games you like best

Or if you buy the digital version it will adjust the price of the other to make it 50 for both. So you can always buy one and get the other later down the line

1 Like

Ok cool thanks, are there any indie games that jump out at you?

and @Scagden Pretty much down for any game that doesn’t require hardcore gaming ability (such as some FPS games)…which is generally why I prefer Nintendo stuff. Bayonetta looks cool…I enjoyed Sin & Punishment if there’s any similarity?

On the switch? Every bloody week about 15 of the buggers come out. Celeste is the latest one I’ve fallen in love with. It became on of my fav games of all time. Golf Story is also fantastically charming rpg where you play as a golfer.

If you like your simpler games like 2d platformers or went art experiences and games taking greater risks the indie releases will keep you satisfied. Also get Puyo Puyo Tetris

Always enjoyed 2d platformers going back to the likes of Yoshi’s Island, and independent art design appeals…if they’re retailing at a cheaper rate then that’s enough to persuade me. Though I think I’d also want to have a few big “in house” games to really get stuck into.

Oh yeah totally. Just making sure you didn’t go in thinking you’d need 50 quid everyone you wanted a new game:D

1 Like

wait! Get Stardew Valley. That is essential. It’s the most relaxing game ever

2 Likes

And is perfect for the bed and I’m the go. It’s the best portable hagame ever made. Probably

2 Likes

Haha cheers,

Looking at Odyssey, BotW and Stardew valley…picking up some other indie games before needing any more big titles (researching now and seen that there’s Metroid Prime 4 and a Yoshi game on the horizon!).