Nintendo Switch - This is now the angel killing badass hairy witch thread

I don’t know what Stardew Valley is but from all of your posts in here I can’t understand how it can possibly be good :smiley:

The same reason people playing spreadsheets is fun, except you don’t get to date penny on you’re spreadsheet and I don’t want to live like that.

I think it might be one of my fav games of all time, at least I’m this genre… the switch has compounded this feeling. Playing the game in bed Sunday morning as I listened to a string of podcasts over a nice cup of tea really spoke to me. As does playing just before bed time… though occasionally this is bad because… well I don’t own a watch.

I don’t understand how to fish! I can cast the line but when I get the little exclamation mark what do I press?

Beat Gannon yesterday - still got loads of shrines and quests and stuff I haven’t done, but going to take a Zelda break.

Between the games I do have and the mini SNES I have no time for all these indie games you guys are playing (plus with Mario on the way at the end of the month) - they sound fun though

Press Y, then you’ll get a minigame where you need to keep the fish in the target zone. Hold Y to reel it in (move the zone up) and let go to let the zone drop back down.

Press y again. You’ve got to do it quite quickly though after exclamation mark. You’ve then got to keep the fish in the green bar as it moves up and down. Press y to move it up and let go to let the bar fall back down.

Not sure how to get the chests that sometimes appear.

I got that Stardew Valley last night, will probably get round to playing it some point early next year at this rate…

Sorry that last one was meant to be @Scout

Weirdly prefer playing this game in handheld mode. Even when the TV is free I just play it on the small screen. I played in bed the other night. So easy to just keep doing one day. I find its a really good game to play while watching something I am not that interested in.

Not got Stardew Valley yet, but I agree - playing handheld is just so Joyous.

Every single person I’ve played the Switc h with has either bought one or is going to buy one.

Think the chests are related to casting off into bubbling water from memory.

Ah ok I was trying to aim for them the other night so that would make sense.

I just don’t know how to get them. They appear in the bar but I only ever get the fish at the end.

You have to capture it the same way you capture a fish - keep the bobber behind it.

Ah right cheers. I think I got both the chest and the fish in the green so maybe I just got the fish. Oh well another excuse to go fishing.

Does anyone know how to attach bait to your fishing line in Stardew Valley? I can’t figure out a way to do it.

It’ll be easier when u upgrade ye rod as your bar will be bigger

I’m not sure how but appreciate the question to user pic interface

Ha! Once my plants are watered all I’m doing is fishing!! It’s like Zora’s Domain in Ocarina of Time all over again.

I’ve been going for over a month without actually feeding my animals like a complete belm. Turns out you need to take the hay from the dispenser in the coop/barn, and put it on that weird bench/trough thing at the back wall. I just assumed they ate from the dispenser but wasn’t losing any hay somehow.

Whenever I press Y it just reels the line back in. Maybe I’m not doing it quickly enough