Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Yeah the score is there, but you only realise it sporadically in the game I find. And when it does kick in, it’s very memorable for it.

Has anyone mentioned how disgusting the game carts taste?

4 Likes

Somewhere up thread - think a couple of people tried them for science reasons.

You pop it in between your lips while changing a game. Then half an hour later you absent mindedly lick your lips. Bleurgh, damn you, Nintendo.

Finally caved in and bought FIFA. I’d say that if you owned last year’s iteration, or another console to play football on, it’s not worth playing full price for. Sill, it’s perfectly solid, and given it’s portability, and the fact that it’s the only footie game on the system until next autumn, it’ll get enough mileage to justify paying £45 for it. Graphically, it looks great. Hopefully they’ll add the capacity to play with friends soon…

1 Like

November 14th for Rocket League, friends

1 Like

Wooohewww, lets hope it has proper friend matchmaking so we can finally play games together that arent mario kart

4 Likes

Nintendo Switch worldwide sales 7.63million units, over half what the Wii U did in its entire lifespan

Just got the Switch and getting through Mario and Zelda which will keep me occupied. I will eventually jump into Mario Kart but a bit concerned about the online aspect which I’ve heard isn’t the best.

If I wanted to jump online with Mario Kart (or even Splatoon if I get that) can I just enter a random game (as in Call of Duty which matches you with other people)? It might sound a stupid question but I’ve read and seen about friend codes for online play and none of my mates own a Switch so might be a race for 1!

Yup, you can jump online with Mario in single and two player mode, same with Splatoon 2

2 Likes

Both games have matchmaking and pretty healthy player bases.

2 Likes

There is a DiS MK8 room/tournament lobby. Not sure who here is the admin but we could maybe revive it formally the new Switchers. Postmortem friend code here and we can all add you for online stuff.

Im the admin, give me a fiver and a carton of cigs and I’ll make whatever changes you want.

They said life would be different on the outside…

1 Like

For real thoug, I am the admin

I already changed the time and day but it didn’t really revive it sadly.

POLL! (what can you USUALLY do, please only vote if you’re interested in playing Mario Kart multiplayer)

• Monday 8 - 9pm
  • Tuesday 8 - 9pm
  • Wednesday 8 - 9pm
  • Thursday 8 - 9pm
  • Friday 8 - 9pm
  • Saturday 8 - 9pm
  • Sunday 8 -9pm

0 voters

Snake Pass is 50% off on the e-shop. Sold!

I would like to get in on the MK8 action, how does one go about that?

Ace! Time to produce music and play mario on my lunch break

2 Likes

Is it worth getting the pro controller? I mainly play at home on the couch or the TV when the fiancée is not watching anything and it looks pretty comfy (although expensive at £60…)

Alternatively I could use the money to get Mario Kart?

It is a really nice controller, but I’d rather have Mario Kart if I was in your position.
I’ve played more hours of MK that I have using the Pro Controller.

Pro controller is an amazing controller

2 Likes