Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Red Dead seems doable (and would be very successful I imagine)

2 Likes

Yeah couldn’t think of an argument for that one :smiley:

1 Like

There’s been loads of rumours of that and GTAV being worked on. Cart size would be tricky I expect…

If we can get GTA V on the Switch, on the go, I’ll be a happy man

Really tempted but I’m not even halfway through Mario, Golf Story to finish, Ganon to beat and Thimbleweed Park to start! Also worth noting, if you buy physical, you’ve still got a 14GB download. I would need to buy an SD card plus the game itself… So can’t justify it right now. Great article on Eurogamer written the first time around:

1 Like

Def getting Rocket League next week on pay day. Wish I could have been a day one purchase.

So glad I didn’t do this in the end. Left my bag on the train Friday evening. Annoyed enough just losing some work clothes.

1 Like

Jesus christ! That’d be gutting.

1 Like

My desire to play Dark Souls 1 on my Switch has become almost a physical pain. Please someone give me a hint or something to suggest it is in the works…

Well FROM Software were one of the initial developers who said they were working on a Switch title. And Namco Bandai have promised that they’ll be putting more games on Switch asap after a slow start. So it’s a possibility. Dunno if it would be the original though or 3?

1 Like

It was one of the original rumours

2 Likes

One of the big talking points a few months ago was that FROM had got DS3 running in a state they were happy with on Switch. Dunno if they are going to port or if it was just a test though.

1 Like

Rocket League looks kind of janky in handleld :-/
Still a dream to have this on the go and docked looks great.

los res? or that weird mixed res thing that Mario does?

It might be mixed. It was really bad at first and either I got used to it or it sorted itself out a bit.
Still completely playable, but just odd edges in the background that almost bled into the foreground.

Lower resolution in portable mode. Lower resolution = less defined edges and blurry graphics.

Sounds about right to me. Like I said it was playable but just took some adjustment. Might also be a variable res as it did seem to get better.

are you coming from playing it on other hardware?

I feel like a lot of the ports are being reviewed from the perspective of someone buying it either
a - as a choice between platforms
b - as a second purchase of the same game for a new platform

and not as a all-new software that is all-new to the player; ie ME!

Im not saying you are, mind.

I’m so shit at Rocket League

2 Likes

I had it on PC but hadn’t booted it up in ages.
It was just really noticeable between docked and handheld. I feel the disparity is far greater than BOTW for example.
I absolutely can still recommend it though. Fantastic game.