Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Megaman 11 coming late 2018 to Switch. Old style play with modern graphics :smiley:

Megaman Legacy Collection 1 & 2 both coming to Switch as well :smiley:

OOOOOOO SHEEEEEEEEEEEET

1 Like

Nintendo are teasing an anouncement at the Game Awards Thursday

Safest bet is the Zelda DLC, seeming as it’ll surely win a bunch of adwards

1 Like

I was thinking along the lines of possible Mario DLC, but this could work too.

also could be, but Zelda is out in December and there’s still no trailer or release date

1 Like

Note to self: Need to be super careful whilst exploring in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as you die EASILY. Story is really quite good in this game, really engaging characters and
I’ve grown used to the mancunian and scottish accents.

Poppi is the best character so far.

Wish they wouldn’t fucking talk so much during battle, especially the scottish guards ARHGHHGHGHG

1 Like

In the volume settings you can turn town the battle barks. I’ve set it so they are audible but not booming every 3 seconds, made a huge difference.

What setting is it? I turned down Battlle Narration but that didn’t seem to do anything

It turns down open world chatter too. I haven’t got my switch with me to check.
Battle naration is quite useful, the shouts of “Excellent” or whatever spell is being cast.

Game voice volume. It became essential to turn down againt the groups of guard enemies who just constantly bark the same line.

1 Like

So this arrived yesterday!

Are people still playing Mario Kart?

10 Likes

Congrats!
Hope you’re enjoying it so far.
What games did you get?
If you want to add us all as Switch pals here’s the details and feel free to add your own too:

It’s been a while since I’ve played MK8 but there’s a DiS room for 8 to 9 every Monday and Thursday (details in link above) and I’d be up for a few races tomorrow night if I remember.

1 Like

Do people actually play in those allotted time slots? For some reason I just assumed not

I thought those were the only times the lobby actually goes ‘live’ :man_shrugging:
I’ve played in the past and it works fine. When you add the lobby it should tell you when it’s open.

1 Like

Done with Mario now, I’ve never been that into Mario and got more enjoyment out of it than I thought I would, but having done all the main stuff, 100%ed my favourite places, I now never see myself going back to it. Now the question is, As someone who didn’t play games from 2007 until I got the switch, and am really into my RPGs (Zelda is what brought me back in), do I go for Xenoblade or Skyrim? I was super envious of everyone playing Skyrim when it came out, but lots of people have said it’ll be frustrating after BotW, and Xenoblade is in theory something I would be really interested in, but what I’ve seen hasn’t capticated me. Any tips?

Was ill earlier this week and picked up Rocket League to help pass the time. It’s fantastic, amazing how 50% of the time I feel like I’m the greatest Rocket Leaguer who ever was and the other 50% I should just bin my Switch and give up gaming.

I say go for Skyrim if you have never played it before. It is a great game despite its age and flaws

2 Likes

But if you want a more colourful and jrpg flavour of game then go for xenoblade 2

1 Like

Ten hours in to Skyrim. I can’t believe how buggy it is. I’ve got a woman called Lydia fighting with me and when a giant hit her with it’s club she shot in to the air like a rocket. Literally went as high as a mountain. A mammoth tried to kill me but it just got stuck in it’s place.

Still really really enjoying it. Stayed up late last night reading all the books I’ve picked up. I love lore. The motion controls are actually very good for the bow.