Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

But as a spectacle fighter it’s the best one ever from a pure gameplay perspective, dethroned DMC in my opinion.

just seemed a bit too busy and overly detailed for my tastes on the Eurogamer comparison video thingy. I guess it would all be down to how clear it is to see what exactly it is you’re attacking and so forth.

I’d pick them up in a sale some day but as I think they’re published by Nintendo now I doubt they’ll ever be on sale

I don’t recall that being an issue way back when, it might be something you grow used to. I remember the fights getting really busy later in the game but it eases you in well so you know what to look for and Bayos long slender frame with her sword weilding makes it very easy to keep track of.

I have this weird problem with handheld consoles where I just want to buy loads of games for them just in case and I like having loads of icons on the system menu. Really unhealthy behaviour! Did this loads with the Vita, dread to think how much money I spent on that thing, I even bought Borderlands 2!

!!! wuh oh! Well I personally suggest getting the pc version during the steam sale and then buying bayo 2 if u like it

yeah I just know anything I buy on steam now isn’t going to get touched for years. Got somewhere around 150 games I’ve yet to play through on there (granted most are probably stuff from humble bundles etc that will never ever get played)

think I might try to buy no more games this year at all. Don’t think there’s any huge releases I feel like I must have.

Really want to play Celeste but again waiting for a sale on that one

I remember playing the first one when it came out and not enjoying it at all. One of those weird moments where something appears to be universally loved and you’re the one person going “er… really?”

I do remember feeling awkward and creepy whilst playing it, so that definitely didn’t help.

Hmmmm no Celeste needs to be bought by literally everyone at full price. I will keep on gushing about it until it does 4 million sales!

I always saw Bayo as more of a power fantasy in much the same way you could Dante a power fantasy. I guess I’m willing to accept the campy sexualization simply because she’s portrayed as someone who totally owns it whilst kicking ass, she’s not portrayed as anyone sexual fantasy. It also helps she’s probably the deadliest, cockiest and coolest fucker in the universe shes in. THAT BEING SAID, I can totally see why people would see the body hair combat suit as completely unnecessary and creepy. I think you’d be crazy to not be able to emphasize

Also the PS3 version was broken, the praise was the 360 version, in case you played the PS3 one. But it’s not for everyone, this game always will be for a nieche audience

1 Like

can’t justify spending that much on an 8 bit platformer with my current situation unfortunately.

Aye, it was the 360 version I played.

Yeah, I can see how that would work - she’s the hardest person in the universe and totally owns it. I suspect it might be because I was big into anime when I was about 14 and it maybe it dredges up stuff that I look back on now in terms of representation of women and think “fucking hell, that was not OK.”

1 Like

They’ll probably get 40% of the digital price at some point in the future.

1 Like

It’s already done 4000001 sales :wink:

U got it :open_mouth:

I’m sorely tempted. I’ve completed both games 2 or 3 times and there are levels of each I often return to for the sheer awesomeness of them.

So tempted to buy them but not sure I can justify it with the backlog. Only thing I’m mildly concerned by is that given you need to use the shoulder buttons, it may be a bit uncomfortable to play handheld for prolonged periods, which is why I’d be buying them. But it’d be a dream on the Pro Controller.

You get 1 for free to download when you buy the sequel I believe?

The recent Cane and Rinse podcast about Bayonetta 2 was really interesting. I raved about it on there and felt it bettered almost everything from the original, but the expert and general consensus from the panel was that it had been made a bit less precise input wise and lacked some of the top level skill needed to Platinum trophy it. But I never felt that on my two playthroughs and actually found a few of the quirks of the original a bit irritating, like the brief QTEs and difficulty curve.

But I’d heartily recommend both. There are some epic moments in each of them.

1 Like

I think its £30 for Bayo1 or £30 for Bayo 2 or £40 for both

1 Like

Anyone else ever get struck down by choice paralysis on Switch?

Every time I load it up and see the choices of great title I have, I honestly don’t know what to do and go into the eshop, buy something else and end up playing a few games of Rocket League.

I have 300 moons in Odyssey to find, 7 chapters of XC2 to go, two Shovel Knight campaigns, Steamworld Dig 2, Thumper’s back half, Stardew Valley barely scratched and STILL I’m a click away from buying Golf Story, FAST Racing Neo, Celeste, Night in the woods and Darkest Dungeon.

The Fall Part Two and Owl Boy are out this week too, and also look likely to be must haves.

1 Like

Ah right. A podcast I listened to earlier said the first was free if you buy 2, but I didn’t think that was the case. It was on Wii U.