Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I thought the same actually. I guess what’s actually happened is that I’m in at the ground floor for the first time… ever?

I guess my entire adult gaming life has been based on buying second-hand games which (obviously) seems like a much smaller market for the Switch.

Ha, yeah could be that too

Hey guys surprise surprise Labo looks absolutely brilliant and has plenty of depth:

5 Likes

This sounds brilliant too

2 Likes

The biggest deals will be on the eshop. Nintendo games have a habbit of retaining their value even 2nd hand.

There is a current offers tab which changes weekly

Cool, thanks. Picked up Golf Story & Rocket League on sale at the weekend so will keep an eye on there.

Went into CEX and they were still selling Super Mario Galaxy Wii for £18 or something!

1 Like

On the plus side if you buy one new you can sell them on at good rates. So kind of reverse engineering your discounts? For example got Zelda for 41 quid sold it for 28 4 months later to CEX so only paid 13 pounds for it I guess

Reached the peak in Celeste.
What a wonderful little game.
7h15m and 1544 deaths.
Got loads left to explore and collect, but will shelve it for a while to keep it fresh.

You’re better than me. I died 300time nore :frowning:

I’d been playing loads of Meatboy so was tuned (a little) to hardcore platforming.
There was still some utterly ridiculous screens to get through though and loads of simple looking elements I bashed into repeatedly.
I love how these sorts of games have two stages, the how and then the doing. Nothing was unfair but there is a lot that was unforgiving.

I think this has the potential to be absolutely huge! I haven’t fully got my head around it, but if the basic concept is that you can create your own digital interactive toys from cardboard, and have them interact with games on your console, it has crazy levels of potential

2 Likes

Also did your heart sink whenever Madeline did the sad chirps :frowning:

It did <3
I think they did a fantastic job of injecting so much humanity into the little bleeps and bloops.

Both here and Golf Story have really used dialogue boxes fantastically.

1 Like

Golf story’s use of rumble is superb as well.

2 Likes

Bayonetta day tomorrow! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve got the day off tomorrow! But I’m spending it with my five year old so probably not suitable.

2 Likes

Yup rinsed both. 2 is definitely a bit easier, and the story is so nuts (and kinda cyclical) that I wouldn’t worry too much about which one you play first. But the purist in me would always say beat the original first…

Hmmm I have beaten the original but it was on the 360 YEARS ago… Still think I should play in order but not sure now

They’ll be exposed to that kind of thing sooner or later, better you do it personally in a manner you can control.

1 Like

Oh wow. So glad I instantly ordered this. Had a feeling the games would be deeper than people suspected but this is all very promising. Looks immense.

1 Like