Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

I’m looking forward to this, think when Rewards become active I’ll put everything I’ve got so far in to buying it.

GAME have a fairly decent deal on atm. Ten quid of a game when bought with eshop credit:

Might finally have to take the Bayonetta plunge.

1 Like

Still counting down the weeks, personally…

What Nintendo franchises would you like to see on switch? The Wii was great but first party/exclusive games really dried out towards the end…in fact, by comparison, that is one thing that was really good about the GameCube. Anyway…

F-Zero
Pikmin
Advance Wars (under a different name presumably)
…and they haven’t released a second Zelda game for one console since Majora’s Mask…they wouldn’t even need to change to formula…just plonk Link in another weird/surreal world like Termina.

Well we have Kirby, Donky Kong, Mario Tennis, Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 coming.

But I really want a new Wario Ware

1 Like

F-Zero is the pinnacle of my Switch wishes.

And honestly I just want VC. To be able to have every Zelda and Mario game in this format would be a dream. If it can support Gamecube games Viewtiful Joe would be top of my list.

I do hope they make another Zelda in the same engine, but perhaps with a more trad dungeon setup. It’d be a shame to just get one use out of all the time that engine took to get this perfect.

3 Likes

Agreed re: f zero…last version was GC if I recall? So it’d be quite an update…

VC would be lovely… Viewtiful Joe was a very original/fun game bit found it a bit limited in the end. I’d want the paper Mario: thousand year door mostly…as I’ve already gone on about it ITT

@anon73286315 Metroid is a huge one…just got Prime 3 actually…hugely fun but throws you into the action a bit quickly. Hoping Prime 4 goes back to that feeling of absolute desolation you get in the first Prime game.

1 Like

They already confirmed they’re working on the next Zelda. Given the success of the system to date I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t released on the Switch

3 Likes

I want Diddy Kong Racing eventually. See little point in having another Mario Kart on the Switch

2 Likes

Any extra Mario Kart should probably be DLC in a similar vein to the extra 4 cups they did on the Wii U.

3 Likes

Agree

A mario kart course designer would be the dream. Probably absolutely impossible though in practice.

2 Likes

Mario Kart 9 will be have to be something very special. Honestly, I don’t know what it could be.

I would like a Double Dash mode for MK8DX mind. And maybe some new courses, and maybe some new characters.

Then again, apparently Sega are making Sega Allstars Racing 3 so that is normally very good value.

Sega All Stars Racing Transformed is the BEST kart racer ever made

Delighted they’re making another one. Hope it’s still Sumo Digital developing

@littlebirds it has similar mechanics to diddy kong racing but is MUCH better

Surprised MK8 Deluxe wasn’t rebranded MK Switch and didn’t add an ability to swap drivers, a la Double Dash. Felt a no brainer to me!

GC got Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Wii got Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Wii U got Twilight Princess & Wind Waker HD and Breath of the Wild.

So quite rare to get two exclusive Zeldas in a generation, but Breath of the wild doesn’t fit that mould either. Fairly safe to presume we’ll get another in 2-3 years time.

1 Like

I did think this after posting it…though I only half agree.

Twilight Princess is a GC game really…that’s what it was developed for. Wind Waker is an update. Aside from that fair enough.

Honestly hope we get some new IP. Intrigued by a new Luigi’s Mansion or Pilotwings having never properly played them and also think a new Wii Sports could be fun, but the success of BOTW, Splatoon and ARMS all being developed by younger developers within Nintendo shows that this could be a new golden era. Young developers who learned under Miyamoto and Iwata, creating the next smash hits.

1 Like

Would be well up for a totally new franchise…and they do typically release at least one per generation. No Lugi’s Mansion though…that game is pish. Blast Corps, anyone?

1 Like

Snipperclips did well for them as well though I know they didn’t develop it

1 Like

Oh yeah, totally. I guess it’s more that I don’t truly see BOTW as a Switch game. I played it on Wii U and it seems from the design of the Sheikh slate, the motion puzzles, the interactive map, etc that it was primarily developed for that console and then tweaked. Can’t wait to see how they’d develop a Zelda game when you’re on a dedicated machine.