Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Oh just looked

Apparently, the Switch has been the most successful launch Nintendo have ever had? In terms of sales worldwide at least (mostly in Europe)

1 Like

I’m going to moan about Dragon Ball Fusions not being released in the UK yet here, because it’s a Nintendo thread. Why are 3DS games fucking region locked? Idiocy. I want to play it.

Resume Switch talk.

Good news though on the Switch front, you can just set up a second user accoount and set the language/region to Japan and buy games from the Japanese store and play them from your regular account once its downloaded! VIVA LA REGION FREE!

I saw something about it on the eShop - it might be out already to download. You’re 100% right about 3DS not needing to be region locked - the OG DS wasn’t and it was all the better for it.

I had the left joycon desync for the first time last night whilst I was trying to complete a shrine in Zelda. Link kept veering off in the wrong direction and it was completely unplayable. Could only be resolved by playing in handheld mode. Really hoping this doesn’t become a frequent thing.

I had this last night for the first time. I’m sat about 4m from my switch, left leg slightly obscuring the line of sight. It’s not great.

There’s an interesting video on YouTube of a guy who fixed his. Heres the article linking to it.

I think he has a point here. I’m an electronic design engineer with RF experience. In my view this is not good design. The left joycon PCB antenna runs right by a metal can (right joycon doesn’t). It’s no surprise his fix of soldering on a wire to route the antenna elsewhere has helped. Doing this is well within my capabilities so I might give it a go…

It’s frustrating because there is no way this would not have come up in testing.

This is comfortably my least favourite sentence to read on the internet but yeah, a hardware issue like this seems pretty inexcusable really

helping me resist temptation to buy one, which is good.

It’s not doing anything to dampen mine tbh, doubt I’ll be using it on the telly much really

(On that note, talk to me about HDMI splitters plz…)

You mean an HDMI switch, no? Many inputs to one output?

You’re holding it wrong! Put a case on it.

Aye, that’s the one. Only got two slots in my telly, one for the virgin box one for the PS4 innit

Anything that supports HDMI 1.3 will do you for now. Only worry about getting one that supports HDMI 1.4 if you want something that’s forward compatible with 4k for the future. The only other feature I can see you’d want is auto sensing for input, so you don’t need to use a remote or manual switch to change inputs…

Magic, cheers :thumbsup:

I’m sure that right now a version 2 of the left joycon design is being done and that if you but one in 6 months it won’t have this problem.

It’s shit for those of us who have bought one now, though like every new piece of hardware you take risks as a first adopter. No making excuses, they should have caught this, but fact is every manufacturer of hardware gets caught it somehow.

Just ordered one from Argos, realised it wasn’t available to collect until next week so cancelled it in the hope of being able to get one for the weekend, refund will now take 5 days to process. Balls.

left joycon is coming loose just from holding it in handheld mode. Looked a the rail on it and it’s ever so slightly tilted now.

So don’t play it in handheld mode I guess?

cheap piece of shit.

So I’m getting the feeling you shouldn’t play it in handheld mode OR docked mode. Seems like a top piece of kit.

1 Like

This is what credit cards were invented for

1 Like