Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

oh no why have you done this

2 Likes

It took a lot of self-discipline to stop myself from replying to that.

2 Likes

Will it have that Silent Hill game they stopped making on it?

TES6 has gotta be another gen away yet

edit: if we’re still doing gens that is. NOBODY KNOWS ANYMORE

fnarrr

Looks good. I’m guessing launch its gonna be £350-400 for the big bundle - console, cradle, controller etc

Will wait for more details now.

Heh.

That wasn’t meant to demean Nintendo or portable consoles or whatever else. Just meant, you know, whatever the latest Xbox is and the PS4 are expensive, all singing all dancing pieces of kit… this doesn’t quite feel like that? Maybe it is. I don’t know. As I said, I’m pretty much a non-gamer.

1 Like

I’M HERE GUYS!

Also, Dark Souls on the toilet anyone?

3 Likes

i mean i literally have the first 5 stars in my first 5 hours… dunno what toxic river is yet

Looks amazing. I’ve held off on the Wii U so far, but I reckon I’m going to buy a second hand one before xmas, get through the stuff I want to play on that and then go straight in on the Switch on release. I’m hoping for some decent Star Wars games on this, Bounty Hunter, Rouge Squadron II & III and Jedi Outcast on Gamecube are some of my favourite ever games, as are Rogue Squadron, Podracer and Shadows Of The Empire on N64. Got some friends who are well into Skyrim but personally only ever played a couple of hours of the one on X360, I’m going to take this opportunity to get into it.

1 Like

Looks good. Will it have Super Metroid?

Yup but it’ll cost you £15 and if already own it you’ll need to buy it again.

Looks pretty good. But I liked the idea of the Wii U but never really gelled with that. Then again that’s probably because I don’t have the time or patience to play games like I did ten years ago, really miss that tbh.

The concept looks like something I’m really surprised Apple hasn’t gone down the route of, or generally with tablets/phones. Doesn’t seem like, despite the advances in tablets and mobiles, that Mobile Gaming has really developed much in the last few years, just because swiping at a screen is so limited, despite some really beautiful and inventive ideas (Monument Valley, Badlands, etc)

Really would’ve thought that on iPads and iPhones (and whatever equivalents), there’d be a huge potential market for getting them synced via bluetooth with an Apple Gamepad or whatever, selling proper games on the App Store, etc - and then making Games/Accounts where it’s possible to play on phone/tablet/TV - are they close to that kind of processing power?

1 Like

Just a thought.

Interesting that you clip the controllers back onto the screen to dock and charge it. Presumably the controllers are bluetooth connected for when you do two player local multiplayer and need power.

Wonder if they also turn into battery packs for the screen when out and about, to give the device longer battery life?

Are the little green lights battery indicators? And is the handheld thing a charger for them? Would make sense.

Good point about what charges what with controllers/screen.

it looks good but I can’t ever see myself carting it around and playing portabl-y, just want a decent tv based nintendo console with good mario and stuff.

like, i’m sure for kids it’s amazing but when am I ever actually gonna sit by a basketball court with me 4 mates and play nba 2k18?

Good point - but at least you can play on the thing while someone else is watching telly or whatever.

It does also appeal to me as a non-TV haver, as I’m not automatically excluded from the ‘big’ consoles this time around. Fewer people actually own TVs these days (due to online viewing etc) and this machine is available to them without having to invest in a telly.

Oh, right. Toxic River is a level way down the track. Bloody impossible.

I did find Sunshine head to get into at first, because aiming the water jet was pretty tricky, and squirting away all the gunk gets a bit tedious after a while. Once you get the hang of the controls, though, it gets better. Plus, as the game moves on, it becomes less about cleaning stuff up, and more classic 3D Mario, requiring precise jumps, quick reflexes and stuff.

1 Like

apparently this is gonna cost over 300 pound. no chance for me, clive. will end up abandoned in a drawer after a month like every other nintendo product I’ve bought in the past 10 years.

3 Likes