Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

EVERYONE in Zelda is a Gannon/Ganondorf puppet. No need to spoiler that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aye I bet loads of people still haven’t given WW a fair crack because of it’s visuals. It looks even better in the HD remake. Brilliant game.
And on your other point Yes that was bullshit, really seemed thrrown in last minute almost as though they doubted if fans could handle a console Zelda game without him. I’d like Vaati or even someone else as the main villain in the next main game. Hasn’t been anything different except in MM and SS

2 Likes

I’ll hold my hands up…as 13/14 year old, when I first saw Wind Waker, I did recoil slightly and labelled it as “cartoony” in my mind. However, I still bought it following strong reviews and completely changed your mind. No game of that generation, and very few since, have been as expressive as that.

Yeah it felt very much like a last minute bottle job…which is weird because Zant had far more about him than Majora’s Mask, for example (did MM not sell too well in the West? idk). I would also say Demise from SS is essentially Ganondorf…another example of a decent villain (Ghirahim) being usurped

Dunno to be honest. Never been a huge fan of MM anyway. Even the remake on 3DS didn’t do much for me.
I think Demise as character has a lot more to offer as they basically set him up as Zelda lores Satan and counterpoint to the Goddess and I felt that the dark statue in BOTW was a little nod to him.. In SS when he is defeated his last words play into Ganons existence/powers been born from Demise’s hate - no reason why this didn’t also create Majora and/or others. Plus he had an ‘evl’ version of the mastersword complete with its own spirit (Ghirahim) and an inverted triforce. They should do a story where a villain gets that!

But the themes! The anguish! The song of healing!

Interesting views on Demise, I always saw him as a fairly cheap way of explaining why Ganondorf has such a persistent presence in most Zelda games. Perhaps it is deeper than that…but I still see his arc as part of the central canon…and as such I’d like to see more games that move away from that.

Just personal preference. Just didn’t have a nice flow to it, only four dungeons and the whole time cycle thing was a bollocks plus without a guide for the N64 version it was confusing/random.

I’d just like to see them do more with the concept of him and the sword and power would be a good start.

There was a manga set before SS that had the Goddesses Hero (first Link canonically I guess) and he owned the red loftwing initially and it explains how the world got ruined etc. I would be well up for a game version of that where the world has gone to crap and Demise is in full bastard mode.

Everything has arrived APART FROM THE FUCKING SWITCH :rage::rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

Also got this nifty little thing that lets me use my PS4 controller on the switch (including rumble and motion control :nerd_face:)

Was going to test playing the Switch on full sunshine earlier. I assume it wouldn’t go well.

fave nintendo character?

• Mario

• Luigi

• Peach

• Toad

• Toadette

• Bowser

• Boo

• Koopa Troopa(s)

• Yoshi

• Daisy

• Shy Guy

• Birdo

• Donkey Kong

• Diddy Kong

• Ice Climbers

• Link

• Zelda

• Samus Aran

• Metroid

• Pit

• Palutena

• Marth

• Ike

• Roy

• Kirby

• King Dedede

• Meta Knight Little Mac

• Fox

• Some sort of Pokemon

• Captain Falcon

• Pikmin & Olimar

• Shulk

• Ness

• Falco

• Wario

• Lucina

• Ganondorf

• Bowser Jr.

• Lucas

• Walugui

• Other

0 voters

What no Rosalina???

fucks sake, knew I’d miss one out.

My go-to Mario Kart character.

Are you my girlfriend?

I’d like to think I would have noticed if I was. Is your girlfriend a tall bald bearded man? If so, guilty as charged.

What time’s dinner?

1 Like

Got a link to that? Has flown me by completely…

Voted on behalf of my wife who one year possibly spent more time hanging out with Camofrog than she did me. Also, in Japan his name translates as Full Metal. :metal:

Anyone wanna be my switch friend?

SW-6937-9204-9007

6 Likes