Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros Direct 1st Nov

Switch has been successfully jailbroken, expect pirated emulated games and custom operating systems with ability to back up saves etc very soon

But bear in mind that if you choose to do that you may lose the ability to take your Switch online at some point in the future… Nintendo have done it in the past.

3 Likes

Ohh! Thanks for the warning… would have been at least curious. I have my mini NES and SNES modded for that purpose.

4 Likes

Oh, be curious, but also be careful :slight_smile:

So the Switch has pretty much sold 18 million units. To put that in perspective it’s out sold the Wii U by 4 million units.

1 Like

E3 direct on 12th June. The way I read this page I think it must be a brand new Smash not a port.

1 Like

how easy is a SNES Mini mod?

I really want to play Pilotwings on mine

“the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game for Switch” repeated over and over again. Such an awkward phrase.

Yeah, it really is a mouth full. Though, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U and 3DS is just as bad.

1 Like

Very easy! I used this as a guide - Simple way to hack/mod your SNES Classic Edition and add more games! - YouTube

I have lots of GBA games on there too and pretty much the entire first party SNES library, with Turtles In Time, DOOM and more.

thanks, I’ll have a look

I had one in my hand yesterday, so torn.
I want them games, but really I just want them on my Switch.

Back from an evening of fairly deafening music to find this sitting on my doorstep :grinning:

16 Likes

About 3 Chapters into Celeste now. It’s very good. I need to devote some solid time to it as it takes a while to find your groove and I’m dropping in and out a lot, meaning my death count has started ramping up.

Got to some level with moving platforms yesterday and spent an hour trying to beat it. It was only when I got to the penultimate screen that I realised I could have been controlling their movement all that time. That was about 300 deaths, right there…

5 Likes

Anybody buy South Park Fractured But Whole?

I initially bought it on PS4 and enjoyed it, but it had a bug where it constantly showed the autosave logo, which resulted in me rushing the main game out of fear of losing 4 hours progress… then once completed it did indeed not save, so I intended to play again and spend time with the side quests, but 6 months had passed and it got announced for Switch and due to a short window of amazon retailing it for £29.99, I snapped it up for a second playthrough… only I’ve just spent about 8 hours on it thoroughly enjoying this second run for the game to just wipe all save data by suddenly resetting New Kid to plain clothes and wearing a crown and having to go back to my house to start any semblance of story, which so happens to be the very beginning of the game… so infuriating! :rage:

Anyway, this is a known issue with Ubisoft … a word of warning if anyone intends to play this before a much needed patch is released… not even sure you can manually save, but yeah… manually save!

Yeah there’s a lot of chat about it on the Switch Subreddit, apparently riddled with issues

That’s a shame. Really want to buy this, but will wait a while.

Par for the course now. Game gets released; unless it’s a prominent indie or first party Sony / Nintendo game, wait 3 months for it to be fixed.

Shouldn’t be the way with a port of a game from months back though…

1 Like

The good new is that Ubisoft are actually really good at supporting their games post launch these days. So I expect the issues to be sorted out, but it’s a blessing in disguise, this game is not worth £50 so you’re probably better off waiting for the sale.

1 Like

The bit that’s irritated me a touch is not including the previous one like they did for the original launch. Unless it’s a different engine it surely can’t have been that much effort?

1 Like