Nintendo Switch Thread 2 - Dry Spell aka Catch Up On Your Backlog

Fast RMX is a looker and quite deep after a skim on the surface. It has a good bunch of tracks.

1 Like

Think I might be the only person in the entire planet who didnā€™t pick eagles

2 Likes

Got full-on Joy Con drift now. Been noticing it occasionally on menus like in the eShop, but played some BOTW yesterday for the first time in a while and it happened on both sides, Link walking when I wasnā€™t touching it and the camera nose-diving. I bought it second hand so no chance of sending it off for repairs.

Are there any good third party alternatives that donā€™t cost Ā£80?

• I have had joycon drift
  • I have not had joycon drift

0 voters

Donā€™t believe in it.

1 Like

Have you tried doing the cleaning with compressed air/electrics cleaner thing?

Just echoing what profk said but I fixed mine for a few months by removing the rubber caps and cleaning with compressed air but after a couple of months it happened again

I ended up buying a second pair along with Mario party for about Ā£90 last winter, they might do something similar again. The newer pair havenā€™t had the same problem even though Iā€™ve used them a lot more.

I think in the US they got threatened with a lawsuit so theyā€™ve started replacing damaged ones. Hopefully that happens over here soon.

Started making the Labo vehicle kit and it is so enjoyable. Cant believe how firm and sturdy it feels. As a lego fan it is particularly up my alley.

3 Likes

Hit the 26hr mark on Fire Emblem and shit is really starting to go down! This story is going places and some of the scenes are pretty fucking dark. I would totally watch this anime, the animation is so good.

Yeah I think this game is surpassing RE2 as my personal GOTY

2 Likes

Iā€™m no expert but I saw this on reddit, hope itā€™s of some help

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/ckbo8x/i_cant_recomend_taking_advantage_of_nintendos_new/

My Ferdinand has become an unstoppable killing machine in battles. Irritating.

1 Like

Same. Him and Bernie have just sort of stormed ahead of everyone else. Happy for Bernie, reluctantly praising Ferdinand

1 Like

I understand the scepticism, I was doubtful at first. But Iā€™m incredibly careful with my stuff - Iā€™ve only had three laptops in about 15 years, have never smashed a phone screen, and I treat my Switch similarly, itā€™s handled with kid gloves, has a quality screen protector, lives in the dock when not playing and when it rarely travels itā€™s in a proper padded hard case, so I really donā€™t think Iā€™ve damaged it. And even though itā€™s second hand, I know the guy I bought it from - I would say at most itā€™s seen 300 hours playtime, probably closer to 200, with Celeste being the most intense / potentially liable to put the sticks under duress. So something is fucking up, and I swear it wasnā€™t me.

Iā€™ll try all the home fixes people have suggested, ta.

regardless, its a fucking outrage really that half of people (according to the poll upthread) have his this problem with such an expensive piece of equipment. unless nintendo roll out some sort of free repair programme and fix future hardware, iā€™ll be thinking twice about buying their consoles in the future. why the fuck wouldnā€™t you if youā€™ve got a 50/50 chance on the thing breaking within a year.

2 Likes

It casts a big shadow over the Lite for me. If I were starting from Scratch, the Lite would suit me perfectly, but not interested in it if it has such a major built in flaw.

would be hilarious if theyā€™d not fixed it for the lite. broken joycon? have to throw the whole thing away.

29 posts were split to a new topic: Fire Emblem: Nerds Assemble!

Itā€™s known that the connector hasnā€™t changed, but as far as I know no-one has managed to get an image of the stock assembly to see if itā€™s changed or not yet.

I think we should split out into a Fire Emblem thread actually, thereā€™s only going to be more of this stuff as we get further through the game I think.

@anon76851889 ?

2 Likes

Especially as the player base has now doubled this week within the forum