• Pikachu (Tory)
  • Eevee (Labour)

0 voters

Not bought ot yet. But evee becuase thats the one with Koffin

1 Like

Apparently the Civ port is really good

2 Likes

Pls watch both

Really want to buy a switch even though it’s a terrible idea because I think I have finished one video game in my entire life, and that was Sonic 2 for GBA

1 Like

I’m currently enjoying it, but I really wish they’d put in a “hard” mode… mere coding to jack the opponents level up 1.3x or something. It’s just TOO EASY for this seasoned vet.

Every video I’ve seen of it makes it seem like you can one shot any enemy for the majority of the game

Weirdly I don’t remember the original Pokemon game being like that. Nor particularly difficult either but you’d definitely have to grind to get to new areas

They weren’t, this game just seems easier

Still flip flopping on whether to buy it. It’s easy and they’ve put minimal effort into the graphics. But then again, the rpg elements might be fun and walking around with a snorlax :thinking:

got it this arvo. an hour in and really enjoying it. will do more of a write up when I’ve played 10 or so hours.

2 Likes

really thought the catching mechanic would irritate me (not fighting your pokes against them), but its great. being able to see the pokes in the wild is really nice too

:heart_eyes:

lol, my chansey keeps getting stuck between stuff

https://twitter.com/theprofk/status/1063891041009324032

Do they say their name aka the movies or is the odd midi sounds?

pikachu and eevee do, the rest have midi sounds

Went and picked up Fast RMX. Very much enjoying it, a d for ÂŁ16 there seems like a lot of content, even if the game modes are a bit barebones.

Might be the best looking game I have played though.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll buy one if they’re on a really good Black Friday deal.

2 Likes

so yeah, genuinely surprised at how much I’m enjoying this. Basically, if you’ve got an itch to play pokemon and aren’t too fussed about loads of the new mechanics introduced in the newer games (mega evolutions etc.) then I’d definitely consider picking this up.

good -

• graphics are lovely
  • music is lovely
  • being able to see pokemon in the overworld is a gamechanger, and I hope they keep this for future titles
  • the catching mechanic adds some nice variety to the game - I don’t really miss wild battles
  • its a massive nostalgia trip if you played yellow or g/b
  • makes you want to hunt and collect pokemon, perhaps more so than the originals

basically, its generally really chilled and fun to play. sunk almost 10 hours into this since getting it yesterday…

bad -

• your starting pokemon (eevee for me) is broken. way too overpowered - you can pretty much one shot any opponent. i’ve got round this by simply not using the pokemon. also, there’s also this ridiculous thing where your companion poke and eevee become indestructible ‘due to the power of friendship’
  • xp share is bullshit and is pretty much the reason why you might find the game a bit too easy
  • weird framerate drops in viridian forest
  • menus can feel oddly clunky

8/10 for me, clive.

4 Likes

How long do you reckon you’ll get out of it?

Thinking of picking it up next weekend

dunno. about 13 hours in and don’t wanna put it down yet. 20-30 hours? depends on what the post game stuff is like.

1 Like