Nintendo Switch Thread 2 - Dry Spell aka Catch Up On Your Backlog

There is some delightful moments of humour though! And u get a good doggo

1 Like

I have a spoilery question about Undertale if anyone has finished it.

Iā€™ve played through I think all the game and got the emotional bit where the skull lad asks why did I kill his brother. Iā€™m on a battle with a massive Knight who I canā€™t be bothered with who said we have to fight to the death, I assume this is the last battle, is there much point in getting through it? Am I missing much more story

Ah sweet, was going to pick up Baba Is You anyway

Stone is Baba

Baba is Win

Win is lose

1 Like

Stick of Truth was good fun on Xbox. Not too long and captured the series humour well.

A word of warning, people who have beaten it who I know rate the Splatoon 2 DLC as some of Nintendoā€™s finest work but, even as someone who blitzed both gamesā€™ campaigns, I found it hard as nails. Within about 7 levels I was way out of my depth. And it takes an annoying amount of time to be able to replay a level once it kicks you out of it. So only buy it if you like a challenge.

1 Like

OH GOOD MORE GAMES TO BUY THAT Iā€™LL NEVER PROBABLY PLAY BECAUSE I WILL INEVITABLY HAVE TO DIE ONE DAY

2 Likes

Iā€™m a couple of hours into Wargroove and completely loving it. Itā€™s so reminiscent of Advance Wars, which is of course an excellent thing.

Valkyria chronicles is quality. Still need to do the final (Iā€™m assuming) chapter, but other games keep getting in the way. Took me way too long to get past that mondo tank in the town level.

1 Like

Baba is Meme?

2 Likes

Hell of a sale.

Bought Baba is you, Just Dance 2018 (for the kids) and hovering over Sega Classics Collection.

Also tempted by RE 0,1 and 4, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Travis Strikes again, South Park Fractured but whole, The Messenger, FAST RMX, Dragons Dogma, Abzu, The Swindle, Mark of the Ninja and Owlboy.

Iā€™m highly tempted to buy the Mario v Rabbids bundle at Ā£20 too so I can play the DLC as I read itā€™s awesome.

TOO MANY GAMES.

Grabbed Katamari Damacy and Mark of the Ninja, had my eye on both for ages.
Loads of great stuff in there, but time, money and backlog, forced a little restraint out of me.

1 Like

Flying with my Switch for the first time. Canā€™t wait to be a table top Waaaanker

1 Like

I couldnā€™t resist and bought Sega Classics. Wanted to replay the 3 Streets of Rage games for about 20 years now since I flogged my second hand Mega Drive. Not much else on there that actually bothers me on face level but itā€™s wonderful playing those 3 again.

1 Like

Tj and earl bro.

Bloody hell Nintendo, now I want to buy more games.

There are several on there that are on my wish list. At the moment Iā€™m deciding between Sword Art Online (as I love the Anime) and Tales Of.

Do I need anymore games? Na, not at all.

Tell you what, hadnā€™t appreciated what a seismic leap Streets of Rage 2 was to the original before.

Played both for a couple of hours last night and the second is better in absolutely every single way. Better graphics and more awesome soundtrack as many of us know, but character balance, crunchy feeling when your jabs connect, controls, backgrounds, difficulty curve, size of sprites on screen, movementā€¦ night and day.

Iā€™m about halfway through the first (then got sidetracked), so looking forward to diving in properly to number two. The music is too good, but I donā€™t have much memory of a leap in the other aspects.

I got to Round 5 on my first go on SOR1 last night but after trying 2 for half hour today, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll go back anytime soon, especially as I played the Master System port to death. 2 feels so much nicer.