Nintendo Switch Thread 2 - Dry Spell aka Catch Up On Your Backlog

:thinking:

1 Like

can you switch it back immediately after buying the game?

All profiles on the system have access to all the games installed on the switch. Create an american profile, download, then switch back to your one

1 Like

Yes you can my profk friend.
Monorail, monorail, monorail! :musical_note:

2 Likes

tried this and canā€™t link my paypal account/uk debit cards donā€™t work.

I did this to access the Japanese famicom player and then when that Twitch offer with the 12 month Nintendo Online subscription came, it automatically linked it to my second account - dā€™oh!

Yeah Iā€™ve been trying this too. Got an account set up for Chad but dunno how to get funds into account with all my cards tied to my UK address etcā€¦ Are Prepaid eshop cards linked to a region?

Possibly.
Gonna try later but a quick Google brings this up
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/buying_on_foreign_eshops

1 Like

I figured it out - bought a 10 dollar us eshop card and used it on a us profile I created on my switch and estore.

So really its 10 dollars for the game, but still worth it imo

1 Like

Anyone else doing this - make sure you choose a postal code for a state that has no sales tax when prompted. Think I chose New Hampshire or something

Cheers.

1 Like

I chose the wrong state, ha ha. Easy fixed though as Iā€™ve not actually bought anything yet.

Sweet!
Hereā€™s a list of US eshop prices. Get Necrodancer or Gunman Clive and Bulb Boy to use $10 fully

I just did the same thing.

I already had an American account so went into settings, switched my Region to America and put in a $10 code from here: https://www.pcgamesupply.com/Nintendo-eShop/US/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrpLoBRD_ARIsAJd0BIUpMEVDK4IDjn49XJdiiyXNrPivn4_l7c2xvlYzhvadA1HMySdQsNYaAhe0EALw_wcB

Bought NBA2K19 and Night Trap (plus some shovelware called No thing and Timberman VS) as when you switch back to Europe, you lose any credit.

So donā€™t do this if you have unspent eshop credit.

Gunman Clive is a fun little 2D scroller game for anyone curious, I really like it. Bulb boy is a fairly short point n click type affair with a slightly gross sense of humour; itā€™s perfectly passable.

Completed Brothers last night.

And maybe itā€™s showing its age or itā€™s been expanded upon by newer titles, but I dunnoā€¦ It didnā€™t do much for me?

Felt a bit heavy handed compared to titles that came before it like Ico, didnā€™t hit me in the heart like Gris or Rime managed or make me think like Firewatch, Night in the woods or Oxenfree did. All those games seem to have a singular point or moment theyā€™re building up to, but Brothers felt patchy and never quite gelled with its melding of mythology, family, loss and adventure.

Liked the idea of using a different stick to control each character and a couple of the puzzles were good, but yeahā€¦ solid 6/10 try that missed the mark for me.

cadence of hyrule looks really really good, too expensive though :frowning:

Just finished Chapter 5, which I really enjoyed and got 21/31 strawberries, but didnā€™t manage to find the bonus b-side/extra things though. Not that Iā€™m even sure how you actually play the b-side, unless that happened automatically when you go back to a level.

My thumbs are getting a bit sore now though!

When you go to the chapter select screen, you can choose between the main chapter and the b-sides if youā€™ve opened them up.

1 Like

Is there a way to gift games to people from the eshop?

Eg for a birthday present - when they turn on the switch on their bday it comes up with ā€˜happy birthday from harru, hereā€™s a game!ā€™

If not there should be.