Nintendo Switch Thread 2 - Dry Spell aka Catch Up On Your Backlog

Hope u get a chance to play it. Its excellent

2 Likes

Me too. Switch is proving great for me catching up on lots of games from the recent past I wanted to own: Rocket League, DOOM, Oxenfree, Dark Souls, Shovel Knight, Inside, Wolfenstein IIā€¦

Could just do with a couple of adventure games like Tomb Raider or an old Metal Gear and itā€™d have the lot.

I really want to play this - looked forward to it since the March Direct.

1 Like

Pokemon reviews are in, seem universally positive at around 8/10

Makes a lot of sense to me.

The reddit hates it though. Big time Casual v Real Fan debate.

Much better than I was expectingā€¦ will give them a read and see if itā€™s for me. Not necessarily looking for a challenge from it

1 Like

Pokemon: Letā€™s Go!

• Yes
  • No
  • Might buy it on sale

0 voters

Will probably buy it in December with my payoff from work as well as Smash and a few indies Iā€™ve had my eye on - Iā€™ve been keeping an eye and always thought it looked okay - not stunning, but alright. I particularly like that you can see wild Pokemon rather than just blindly stumbling into another Zubat.

Iā€™ll likely be unemployed at the end of the month and Iā€™m looking for something meaty to sink my teeth into while I sit around in my pants but Pokemon probably isnā€™t where itā€™s at (though I guess completing the Pokedex would take me long enough)

Yes - meaty isnā€™t really what Iā€™m after right now. A casual pokemon game where I can run around with Charmander (unevolved even at level 99) and Eevee onscreen sounds like just the thing.

1 Like
  • I have EV trained in Pokemon
  • I literally canā€™t think of a worse way to enjoy a game. Feed me rare candies.

0 voters

Guarantee at least a few of the sales lads have bought it full price by the end of the weekend :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A new Pokemon game wonā€™t be on sale for fucking ages to be fair lol

Typically, but thereā€™s a fair chance itā€™ll be going a bit cheaper once they start hyping the mainline one

Aye but thats probably next years big xmas release.
All the pika fan boys will buckle long before then.
Especially when they do a free deerstalker hat for Pikachu DLC when the movie come out (Im guessing this - heard it hear first :wink: )

1 Like

Free hat??? Sold

1 Like

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/1062753329569239040

2 Likes

Saw a comparison with other Metacritic ratings for PokĆ©mon games, realised the higher scores tend to be ones that cater the most for new fans, then the lower scores cater for seasoned players (Emerald and B/W2 both got comparatively low scores, two of my absolute favourites). Probs not going to enjoy Letā€™s Go all that much, but Iā€™ll definitely end up getting it at some point, Mrs is completely dedicated to PokĆ©mon Go above all else so itā€™s a must buy.

Iā€™ve finished Night In The Woods now, but I didnā€™t really enjoy it much. There were some lovely bits, but the actual game itself was mostly dull and not very exciting walking up and down the town and clicking through lots of chat I wasnā€™t fussed with. Was mostly playing just to finish it as I knew that it wasnā€™t too long. Plus there wasnā€™t really any challenge. Back to a bit of Picross S2 now!