Nintendo Switch Thread 2 - Dry Spell aka Catch Up On Your Backlog

Fist game is a grea zelda like

1 Like

Absolutely.

All I can think is with the Battlefront games flopping a bit and Battlefield V sinking without trace, the expense of developing AAA games on machines looking to move onto the next thing may not be sound business sense. And given Switch is now selling at a faster rate than PS4 was at this point, theyā€™re probably thinking they HAVE to cover off that fanbase.

Or put another way, EA are doing what EA do best and are chasing volume of people and money.

Itā€™s out on my birthday, too.

Thanks, THQ.

THQanks

1 Like

Never thank those fuckers, never!

What did they do to hurt you? Do you need me to beat someone up/off for you?

Joined the Switch party this week! Iā€™ve picked up Link BOTW, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. What other essential Switch games should I be looking at picking up?

2 Likes

Downloaded wandersong, not played it yet.

Strugging with rabbidz tbh, every character is so mobile that its impossible to really play that stategically in the way Iā€™d set up for x com.

Maybe I just need to get used to it but there doesnā€™t ever seem any benefit in being any way cautious or attempting to find cover, just run all your squad towards the enemy and blast them as quick as possible.

1 Like

Yeah, it was never confirmed. And since Iā€™m expecting a decent step up from Letā€™s Go/Sun & Moon, I was very much worrying it would hit some production issues or get delayed.

On the other hand, maybe it means itā€™ll just be like Sun & Moon with Letā€™s Go graphics + (proper shadowing, a moveable camera etc.) and thatā€™s why they can churn it.

1 Like

PICROSS

2 Likes

They made me redundant with a pregnant wife!

Dead Cells, Marwood!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest with you, Iā€™m struggling to make a joke out of this one.

They didnā€™t know she was pregnant and the went bust a couple of months later (and those fellas didnā€™t get a payout) leaving only THQ Nordic but I fucking hated it there anyway.

1 Like

Cautiousā€¦ No. Cover, yes.

It does need a different playstile to xcom for sure.

Mario Odyssey is the most obvious one.

3 Likes

Prepare to have your balls charmed off

1 Like

What kind of games do you like?
Mario Odyssey is the big one absent from your list there.

1 Like

Is the Bomber an game any good? I really want there to be a good bomberman game again.

Generally I like Action/RPGs (Iā€™m going to pick up the Darksouls remaster at some point but Iā€™m currently playing that on my PS4) however I think I will probably be playing on my Switch on my commute more than when Iā€™m at home so Iā€™m thinking I am going to get the most enjoyment out of games you can drop in and out of rather than for massive gaming sessions. The last Mario game I played was Mario Sunshine so will definitely pick up Odyssey at some point.

In RPGs I really enjoyed both Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler. Thereā€™s a demo for OT on the eshop if you fancy giving it a bash - its traditional with modern touches. XC2 is the more modern of the two but the battle system is odd.

2 Likes