Nintendo Switch Thread 2020 - Mario Kart DIS Tourney; 1st Jan. Maybe.

Just played about an hour of 64. Never liked it much as a youngster. Seems fine, controls aren’t as fluid as more modern games of course and Mario doesn’t come to a stop exactly when you’d like him to. Just started Galaxy.

Ahh ffs just accidentally deleted my Link’s Awakening save

Galaxy still looks great

1 Like

Galaxy with the pro controller is class. No more waggle control for attacks :grinning::+1:

Heathen child wants to play Fortnite. Fun over.

2 Likes

Playing Sunshine now.

ACAB

2 Likes

This is what I’ve done. I was determined to do them in order but can’t wait to play Galaxy.

Never really played 64 and was surprised at how fluid it felt considering how old it is. Camera is awful though. Wish you had free control of it, really off putting.

Top lad

The camera is mostly fine but holy hell the clock level is torturous

Keep expecting to be able to push the camera further round but suddenly I can’t. I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

Just started Galaxy and it looks fucking gorgeous. Worth the full price alone. Playing with a pro controller and collecting star bits feels pretty good?

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

Aye camera is shite fuckin lakitu prick

2 Likes

how do you collect them with the pro contoller? Is it motion sensitive? (I only have a lite)

Press r to get up a pointer and then motion controls to move it.

1 Like

Yeah… motion controlled. Does the Lite have built in motion? I can’t remember. I’ve read that in handheld it’s touch screen which isn’t ideal.

1 Like

Lite does have motion but obviously that means tilting the console so wouldn’t be ideal. Not sure if the game even gives you the option. Worked fine in zelda for aiming arrows, but those bastard mazes were you had to move the balls around were a nightmare. Sometimes I needed to rotate 180 and be holding the lite above my head

2 Likes

Update:
Sunshine is a lot more enjoyable than its ever been for me before.
Everyone’s bitcging about analogue water pressure? Ppppppfffftttttt! (the sound of FLUDD)
it’s grand.

1 Like

Honestly think 50 bob for these Mario games is a piss take.

Obviously I’ll still get it at some point but still

5 Likes